Coral Vue Hydros

New Reef Octopus NS80 Skimmer on Nuvo 16. Microbubbles issue!

FloridaReeferAB

FloridaReeferAB

Hey guys,

This is my first post on Nano Reef. I just recently started up my Nuvo 16 Gallon. In the middle compartment/return I have removed the Y shaped connection. For each overflow return I have attached a straight tubing that connects to an mj600 pump. I manage to fit the pump in a way such that the intake sits at the bottom of the tank, and under the bottom of the two compartments next to the middle. This creates room for my ns80 skimmer in the middle. I believed I have everything setup fine. With the skimmer off, no micro bubbles. With the skimmer on, it fills the tank with micro bubbles. What should I do to get rid of them?

Sorry about the pictures, they were taken on my iPad.

** To Add**The tank has been online for three days. Dry rock, currently seeding tank with a piece of live rock. Tank fish less cycled with Dr. Tim's one and only, and ammonium chloride drops from Dr. Tim. On the air intake of the skimmer, I added a check valve because it would make the skimmer virtually silent. Without it, the skimmer was noisy. With the check valve on or off, the tank was still filled with micro bubbles

post-80705-0-52689900-1373863125_thumb.jpg

post-80705-0-26850800-1373863297_thumb.jpg

post-80705-0-57063500-1373863372_thumb.jpg

FloridaReeferAB

New skimmers usually produce a lot of micro bubbles until they break in

I thought that would've the case, hopefully it'll break in soon

Thank you :)

• 1 month later...

Archived