Innovative Marine Aquariums

Introducing the MakersCONTROLLER for the MakersDRIVERs

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

More information can be found at: MakersCONTROLLER

***Update*** shipping May 23rd 2013 - Limited stock

The MakersCONTROLLER works in combination with MakersDRIVER(s) to create sunrise, sunset and other special effects throughout the day. Once the color ratios have been independently dialed in on the MakersDRIVER knobs, the MakersCONTROLLER scales those ratios up and down to match a user defined schedule.

MakersCONTROLLER_On_LED_tslot_Heatsink__

hi, do you guys have a compatibly chart that shows which units the controller works with? i have a LED light that already has a control built in. it has a timer but doesnt allow my to do a sunrise to sunset setting. my strip turns all on or all off, if i hook up this controller, can it give me a ramp up and down effect?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

hi, do you guys have a compatibly chart that shows which units the controller works with? i have a LED light that already has a control built in. it has a timer but doesnt allow my to do a sunrise to sunset setting. my strip turns all on or all off, if i hook up this controller, can it give me a ramp up and down effect?

Hi terrbelt, the MakersCONTROLLER is designed to be used with the MakersDRIVERS. If your unit has a 0-10v dimming function then you can use the DIM4 which is located here: http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/dim4-4-port-led-sunrise-sunset-controller-v1-0/

Thanks,

My light is a 50W led multi-chip. can your controller make it where i can dim the center bulb? it uses an external ballast (like a metal halide type).

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

so your "ballast" aka the driver/power supply needs to be 0-10v dimmable otherwise it cannot be dimmed. Do you have the specs of it?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

I'm excited. Wish this came out a few weeks ago but now I have an excuse to do another tank and lighting

if you don't already have a controller and have the MakersDRIVERs this is a really really easy install. shouldnt take more than 2min to slide on and plug in one wire into the the MakersDRIVERs

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Link doesn't work ----> More information can be found at: http://www.ledgroupb...or-MakersDRIVER

Is this made with an arduino? Would it except arduino sketches?

Thanks for the catch. Link fixed

More information can be found at: MakersCONTROLLER

No code will be released. This is designed to be plug and play for the MakersDRIVER. Install time is under 60 seconds!

I'm curious on how the firmware updates are supposed to work. I imagine it involves somehow hooking the controller to a computer.

Firmware updates require a PC and an inexpensive cable. Once you pull the four screws on the back cover there is a header which you plug into. Then, run our install app which shoots it down. We have no plans on adding lightning or anything too fancy so most users will be set with the current feature set.

Firmware updates require a PC and an inexpensive cable. Once you pull the four screws on the back cover there is a header which you plug into. Then, run our install app which shoots it down. We have no plans on adding lightning or anything too fancy so most users will be set with the current feature set.

Good to know.

Lightning is a gimick anyways. And with the way most DIY LED setups are done probably wouldn't translate well anyways.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Does that mean shipping from Makers on the 23rd? Dying to get my order. :-)

yup, the controllers are out the door and heading to their new homes now

i'm trying to decide between 2 makers drivers with the makers controller or 4 ldd drivers with a typhon controller. i like the idea of adjusting 4 channels instead of 2 but the makers stuff is so simple and has the jack for my fans. my 4 channels are rb, nw, ocw, tv. if i went the makers way what would you recommend for ch.1 and ch.2? (i.e. ch.1 rb and tv, ch.2 nw, ocw)

the cost would be cheaper with the typhon but the makers seems so easy

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

i'm trying to decide between 2 makers drivers with the makers controller or 4 ldd drivers with a typhon controller. i like the idea of adjusting 4 channels instead of 2 but the makers stuff is so simple and has the jack for my fans. my 4 channels are rb, nw, ocw, tv. if i went the makers way what would you recommend for ch.1 and ch.2? (i.e. ch.1 rb and tv, ch.2 nw, ocw)

the cost would be cheaper with the typhon but the makers seems so easy

ya its a tough call.

makers setup is going to give you the easy setup and easy control, set it and forget it

typhoon gives you more control and but requires a bit more fine tuning.

I run the DIM4 on my personal setup because it doesnt have makersdrivers but if i had makersdrivers then i would get the makerscontroller because its just so dead simple.

Archived