Coral Vue Hydros

Fluval Edge Pico Reef

cephas

Hey everyone!

Haven't posted in awhile...won't go into the boring details...but I have recently set up two more nano's.

This tank belonged to my roommate..a long time friend (34years!) that I've been friends with since High school.

She moved down to Florida from Maryland at the end of November with her Fluval edge in the back seat!! It had half the water drained and was in terrible shape... everything except the fish dead, and two maroon clowns and a yellow goby!!!! Way over crowded!! the tank was not set up fro over 24 hrs and I had little hope.

The first few things I did was remove over half of the sand bed...she had used a 20lb bag of sand in this tank!! the tank was also so full with "live" rock that every square in up to the glass all around and to the top was full.....she had some really bad advice!! All the rock was removed...I only used two of the smallest pieces..the rest went in a bucket for the 29 gallon Biocube I was setting up once her moving truck came.

I spent a hours at my LFS picking out a few small full cured pieces of Live rock for this tank...I still think it has too much rock...but she likes it this way.

Lighting is a DIY project for now along with the standard MR11 Led lamps...but that will change soon also.

The tank was given a 100% water change....I replaced the standard filter media with floss, chemipure elite and a phosphate sponge. I added a Hydor Koralia for increased water movement.

The fish were kept in the tank till the other tank arrived ( 10 days later!!) with many water changes!!

I'm shocked at the growth and how well this tank is now doing and recovered....

I hope everyone enjoys....there still is ALOT of work to be done...so don't be too harsh!!

This sponge was a small piece taken from the Jacksonville Beach pier to see if it would survive...it has attached and doing well!!

DSC_0114.JPG

post-5022-0-54372600-1357535101_thumb.jpg

post-5022-0-46631800-1357535302_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks...still playing with the camera settings...I have the saturation set to vivid to try to get the color close to what I see....shooting under LED's is different than I'm use to!

Here is a close up of the torch coral

DSC_0112.JPG

This little tank is 1000% better than it used to be. I can't get over how beautiful it looks since arriving. Everything is thriving and we even have new growth! I never thought it could look like this and it has been only about a month.

• Like 1

Wow! Your Bicolour Blenny is really acting up his stripes :)

That is a beautiful Blenny, they have such great personality.

Thanks!! April picked him out!! he is a fun little guy!!

This little tank is 1000% better than it used to be. I can't get over how beautiful it looks since arriving. Everything is thriving and we even have new growth! I never thought it could look like this and it has been only about a month.

I'm shocked....I cant wait to show everyone here the biocube!!

Hello all,

I am looking into starting a nano marine tank, and have been looking at the 12 gal edge fluval tank. What mods will I need to do to accomplish this? Is it just worth buying the Innovativie Marine 16 gal tank? Thanks for any help!

Archived