inTank Media Baskets

Tunze Osmolator noob with probably stupid mistakes - help please

fretfreak13

Hey guys, please help me out with this.

I am trying to put the NANO Tunze osmolator (3152) on my fluval spec 2 gallon. I'm pretty sure I've got everything hooked up right, and when I plug it in the pump turns on like its trying to put water in the tank which is good, because the tank does need water at the moment. However, nothing comes out of the hose.

Does it have something to do with the placement of the resovoir? Or the size of it? Its a fiji waterbottle that is sitting on the table right behind the tank. I didn't cut the hose, its got a TON of extra length because I didn't know if I would ever need it long again. Should I cut it?

As you can probably see from my speech, I am a total noob with this lol. I've never had an ATO before. I'll take a pic and post it in a second.

Hey guys, please help me out with this. I am trying to put the NANO Tunze osmolator (3152) on my fluval spec 2 gallon. I'm pretty sure I've got everything hooked up right, and when I plug it in the pump turns on like its trying to put water in the tank which is good, because the tank does need water at the moment. However, nothing comes out of the hose. Does it have something to do with the placement of the resovoir? Or the size of it? Its a fiji waterbottle that is sitting on the table right behind the tank. I didn't cut the hose, its got a TON of extra length because I didn't know if I would ever need it long again. Should I cut it? As you can probably see from my speech, I am a total noob with this lol. I've never had an ATO before. I'll take a pic and post it in a second.
where did you get the new nano tunze all the places I seen said eta 2-3 days until they receive shipments.

I would not cut the tubing. That pump can pump 3 ft easily.

• Like 1

I shook it and it worked. Thanks Asureef!!!

Lawnman, I won it in a raffle at my reef club. 20 bucks in raffle tickets got me this, a little frogspawn head, and a nice big leather. =D *gloating over*

I purchased one as well, got it from brs and it shipped to my door yesterday. Love the ato, and after talking to fretfreak i knew to shake the pump before. Also i did cut the tubing, my ro/di container sits next to my stand and i didnt want to add to the mess of cables.

Honestly I like it quite a bit, I tested out the timeout safety and it shuts it down after a minute of continuous filling. It only has one float switch but I'm cool with that. It doesn't have a fancy display like its big brother but all the equipment is tiny so it's really perfect for nano applications. Also the float switch is connected to a magnet to it can be mounted anywhere. All in all a great product.

I have been using a single float switch for 3 years. I am fine with a single float switch. Looked really interesting so I thought I would ask about it.

• 3 years later...

Mine is brand new and pumps water right away when I plug in the power and it continues to pump. That is the problem with mine. I followed the directions on the manual and youtube videos and can't figure out why.:(

Archived