SaltCritters.com

Custom LED light, using stock Fluval Spec V housing - Tank for sale, also.

YouKnowBlev

This sale is for a custom built LED fixture using the stock housing for the Fluval Spec V all-in-one tank. The fixture fits directly on a Fluval Spec V tank with no additional adjustments or mods. Looks completely stock (minus the fans) and creates a very powerful light with a great spread. Brand new dimmable driver makes the light customizable for your inhabitants without having to raise or lower the light (since you can't with the Fluval Spec V light setup). I built the light for my Fluval but took the tank down and am not planning on putting it back up as my next venture will be a large setup.

Details:

4 Cool White Cree XR-E - One month, 8 hour days. 75%

4 Blue XR-E - One month, 8 hour days. 75%

Rapid LED Driver with Potentiometer (http://www.rapidled.com/0-10v-dimmable-nano-driver-with-potentiometer/) - Brand new, used less than 30 secs.

Dual mini fans and power cord keep everything cool.

I've ran this setup (with a different driver) for a month at 75% and never had a problem with heat. The aluminum heat sink and fans do just fine. I ramped it up to 100% for a couple hours to test everything out, and there weren't any cooling issues.

I'd also be willing to sell the tank with it. The tank has only been used a month. I upgraded the pump with a maxi jet 1200. There is a slight crack in the cover. Not too big of a deal.

Here is a video of the light in operation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgip6vlP8Jk...eature=youtu.be

$150 for the light, shipped

$210 for the tank (with Maxijet 1200) and light shipped

IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6439.jpg

IMG_6438.jpg

IMG_6436.jpg

IMG_6434.jpg

IMG_6433.jpg

photo2-10.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

• 3 months later...
Guest weehourwaves

dude, that looks way good. Why doesn't Fluval just charge an extra 100 and do this? I have the same tank but i'm not gonna go mod crazy with lights 'n whatnot but I can definitely appreciate the work you've done here, kudos man :)

-wee

Archived