Cultivated Reef

Aquatic Life skimmer in a Coralife Biocube 29?

jpc763

I have a Biocube 29 that I recently got some mods for. I bought the Aquatic Life 115 skimmer and the inTank media basket and fuge basket. I have Chaeto in the fuge basket and am going to put Chemipure Elite and Purigen in the Media basket. My question is about where to put the skimmer.

I tried the first chamber and the skimmer sits too low (submerged) in that chamber so I currently have it in Chamber 3. Given the variable water level, I am concerned that it will not run effectively.

Can anyone who has one let me know what I am doing wrong.

Of note, this is the Coralife Biocube 29, not the Oceanic.

Thanks in advance, John

Chamber 1.

Where is your hook to hold it up?

I tried all 4 walls. The problem is I cannot keep the air intake above water and close the lid. The collection cup gets in the way.

I tried all 4 walls. The problem is I cannot keep the air intake above water and close the lid. The collection cup gets in the way.

Airline mod. Look it up. I think it will fix your problem; it fixed mine. The skimmer should go in the first chamber.

Rollermonkey

From my tank build thread:

Finally got tired of clear skimmate from the 115 and made what should be the final mod to the tank.

Here is how to fit an AquaClear 115 skimmer into an Oceanic BioBube 29 HQI and get it high enough to make it work:

P1000213.jpg

P1000212.jpg

Archived