SaltCritters.com

My Aqueon Evolve 4

blaksheep67

blaksheep67

Trying to figure out how to incorporate some moonlights with this set up, anybody out there have any suggestions ?

Still waiting for my blue shroom to open up :(

FrenchieNano
Newb to salt water, thanks to this site I have managed to start and maintain my first saltwater tank.

178bf0a1.jpg

4513fe7d.jpg

067fc95d.jpg

3aab02e0.jpg

Nice tank, but doesn't the spill light from the LEDs bother you? I'm also trying to solve the moon light issue, tried with a submersible LED but just got blinded by it.

blaksheep67
Nice tank, but doesn't the spill light from the LEDs bother you? I'm also trying to solve the moon light issue, tried with a submersible LED but just got blinded by it.

I got used to the spill light (the tank is on my desk so It kind serves as a desk light too) , Not sure if bringing the light down more would solve this. Let me know if you find a good moonlight solution.

Is that a Par 30 bulb? What color combo did you go with? I am curious because i have the evolve 8 and i am looking to do the same type of light. Thanks in advance.

blaksheep67
Is that a Par 30 bulb? What color combo did you go with? I am curious because i have the evolve 8 and i am looking to do the same type of light. Thanks in advance.

Boostled that I purchased from a member on this forum, 2 Royal Blue, 1 Blue, 1 Cool White, 1 Neutral White.

blaksheep67
Boostled that I purchased from a member on this forum, 2 Royal Blue, 1 Blue, 1 Cool White, 1 Neutral White.

Just did a water change, Hoping this rogue mushroom opens up !

• 2 weeks later...
blaksheep67

Just witnessed my Scarlet hermits gang up and devour these guys (I had 3) :o

All that was left were their 3 little half shells...

8371ecd2.jpg

That is looking very awesome. What type of goby is that? If it filter feeds from the sand then it will probably die in that tank (anything under 55g really).

blaksheep67
That is looking very awesome. What type of goby is that? If it filter feeds from the sand then it will probably die in that tank (anything under 55g really).

Thanks, Two Spot Goby.....He/she is actually eating Mysis Chopped up fresh table shrimp & Brine shrimp right off of my planting tongs !

That's good if you have him trained on other foods, because normally they just sift the substrate for food and require a large established sandbed.

The tank is seriously looking awesome though. very clean looking and colorful.

blaksheep67
That's good if you have him trained on other foods, because normally they just sift the substrate for food and require a large established sandbed.

The tank is seriously looking awesome though. very clean looking and colorful.

Thanks, Just waiting for everything to spread out now !

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Update a year later? would be interested to know since I just started an AE8 3 weeks ago and would like to know how it's been for ya. Did you have any extra flow aside from the stock pump return? I added the Hydor Kor Nano 240 and then modded the orig stock pump by removing the diffuser inside the tank and then opening the pump and removing this yellow thing which seriously restricted flow. And I"ll shortly be taking out the stock filter, putting in that plastic canvas of the same size that people make ugly crafts from? and then putting in polyfiber in front and chemipure in back, or maybe the chemipure I'll put in that bottom L shape space to the left. We'll see. Any problems you're run into w/ fish or coral stocking?

Archived