ReefCleaners.org

Jayson & Thi-Le's Reef

jaysauce

Hi everybody! Finally getting a chance to post up pictures of our tank and setup. My girlfriend and I have had this tank running since December 2011. We have been in saltwater for 2.5 years and last had a 20 gallon nano tank. We had to move 3 times within a one month period and we lost a lot of corals/fish in the process. We decided to start fresh with this system and some of the corals/fish that made it through the move.

TANK SPECS

Display: 50 Gallon AquaPro Rimless (36"x18"x18")

Sump: 9 Gallon AquaPro Rimless (12"x12"x14")

Stand: Top Fin Stand Customized w/ White Paint and Frosted Glass Doors

Biological Filtration: ~22lbs of liverock (Bulk Reef Supply Pukani Dry Rock), 1.5” Sandbed (Oolite Sugar Sized Sand), ½ cup Bulk Reef Supply Bio-pellets in Two Little Fishies Phosban 150 Reactor

Lighting: 2x Aqua Illumination Nano

Protein Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC6a

Heater: 150W Jager

Water Motion: 2x Eco-Tech Vortech MP10 ES, Eheim 1260 Return Pump

Filter Media: 6 tsp Bulk Reef Supply ROX 0.8 Carbon

ATO: JBJ ATO with Aqualifter Pump and 5 Gallon Bucket

Controller: Neptune Apex w/ Temp and pH Probes, Neptune VDM

Calcium Reactor: GEO 612 w/ Eheim 1048 Pump, Reef Fanatic CO2 Regulator, Neptune pH Probe, AquaPro Bubble Counter, 10# CO2 Tank

LIVESTOCK

Palys/Zoas: Chong Bongs, Candy Apple Reds, Avocados, Armor of Gods, Real Deal People Eaters (Cherry Corals), Rastas

SPS: Red Montipora Cap, Green Hydnophora, Red Planet, Green Millepora, Orange Digitata

LPS: Rainbow Rings Acan (Cherry Corals), Rainbow Rings of Saturn Acan (Cherry Corals), Orange Kool Aid Acan (Cherry Corals), Green Aussie Acan, Gold Torch, Aussie Elegance, Green Torch, Bi-color Frogspawn, Green Hammerspawn, ORA Red Goniopora, Bright Pink Goniopora, Yellow Goniopora, Rainbow Goniopora, Branching Pink Goniopora, Pulsing Xenia, Orange Wall Hammer, Octopus Coral

Clams: Crocea, Maxima

Other: Clownfish, Chromis, ORA Green Mandarin, Scooter Blenny, Sixline Wrasse, Red Spotted Dottyback, Yellow Watchman Goby, Bengaii Cardinals, Bicolor Pseudochromis, Astrea Snails, Hermit Crabs, Nassarius Snails, Fighting Conchs, Rose Bubble Tip Anemone, Red Linkia Starfish, Flame Algae

We know our sump is a little small but so far it has been working perfectly fine for our system..trying something new

Now for the photos...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

And more photos....

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

And even more photos....

31.jpg

32.jpg

34.jpg

=] ….

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone! Really appreciate it. We will try to keep posting more pictures. I am waiting for my frags to grow out a little more and get a nice macro lens for my DSLR so I can put some nice pics of corals up.

Looking good so far, but 9g for a sump? That's tiny! If the power goes out I assume you only have a gallon or two that leaves the display.

I believe it is around 2 gallons that leaves the display. I initially did a power outage test and the water level in the sump rose to literally the brim of the sump and it didn't flood over. I have since added a little under 3 inches of glass (I forgot the exact measurement) to the top of the sump as seen in the photos. I have done several power outage tests and we actually had a blackout in January for a few hours and the sump does not flood over.

• 8 months later...

Archived