Top Shelf Aquatics

dyi Ati Powermodule legs

n00bferlife

n00bferlife

i just got a solana running and wanted the baddest ass t5 fixture they make. ati was the only option. i needed it to have legs... so i added on the tek legs... sits good on the tank..loks pretty much factory...i love it... check it..

photo14.jpg

photo25.jpg

photo34.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

Do you have any pics of how you attached them? I have been trying to figure out what to do with mine.

+1 I want to buy an ATI fixture and the only thing stopping me is the fact that legs for this fixture are not available. More pics of how you mounted the legs would be great.

Thanks

Nibor, did you make those yourself? Those are great.

Unfortunately not. I found them for sale on a French online store. I've not seen them anywhere else. It looks like they are made to order by an acrylic fabricator and they cost a fortune, €125 (about $175) a set.

Link.

That's all you can find on line. There is also a company called Blau that makes an ATI PowerModule copy, at least aesthetically. They sell a support kit as well for about 10% the price of the legs above and it is easy to find in European stores. I think you would have to take a drill to a PowerModule to make them fit though. Anyway, here's a link with a few pictures.

n00bferlife

Ya sorry man.... Works been a beast. Damn those legs are god awful ugly. I much rather have the tek ones. Mine are mounted straight to the acrylic lens. In 4 spots. I'll try to post a pic later.

• 1 month later...
phi delt reefer
Man, I would still like to see how did this!

get the tek legs.

take you powermodule or sunpower acrylic cover and line up the tek mounting hole so they centre on the acrylic.

drill and tap holes for for the screw

insert screws

mount

Do you think you could go threw the top of a powermodule instead of the acrylic? Mount it the exact same way as the tek light?

Hey man this is a very helpful thread! I myself have looked at mounting options for the Powermodule (and Sunpower) and the fact that the Tek stands fit with no major modification is great! I ended up installing a light bracket, but for those who shy away from diy this is an excellent alternative!

• 1 year later...

Archived