Pod Your Reef

SUSHIYUM 3gal Picotope

SushiYum

My failed 15gal

long story short. all my corals died. :angry: unknown reasons. prob phosphates who knows. in process of tearing it down. :angry: all things for sale btw.

ANYWAYS. not to be let down too much..retrying again on smaller scale. (larger tanks just too expensive for me right now). Got a picotope from marinedepot.com a while back when they had it on sale for $10 less. Had it cycling for a bit and then decided i wanted a surface skimmer thingy on it so i took it down to start over.

photo2-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

for lighting. I am using a rapidLED par38 7-LED. 4blues-3whites

photo2-2.jpg

prob gonna be running some purigen and chemipure elite.

advice will be appreciated Thanks.

fingers crossed ;)

just some black acrylic i had layin around. cut teeth using a dremel. I had to make a deep enough slit on the shorter side so the AquaClear would fit into it.

I love how you made the overflow. I was not aware that you could cut acrylic with a dremel. I will have to try this sometime!!

• 2 weeks later...

No update recently because I completely redid my overflow. I didn't cut the teeth far enough and the water level was too high. I also couldn't put the AC50 on high flow because it would just suck the water out of the overflow chamber faster than it was pouring in. So...modifications have been made. Now I have room to put in a top off float switch in.

photo2-3.jpg

Setup as it stands

photo-2.jpg

current FTS

photo3-1.jpg

:lol:

• 2 months later...

Long time no update :(

this tank is currently still running.

Here is what it looks like now..well a few days ago.

photo-5.jpg

BUT!!! overnight, 2 nights ago....

photo1.jpg

this guys long @$$ finger decides to touch my sps.

outcome...

photo2-7.jpg

i had to throw it away.

My YCG was munching on the peeling skin. and now today...2 days later, he has turned pale. I don't know if its from the sps he was eating. or if he's sick. help?

igotreefermadness

Idk on the YCG, I've always thought that the citron and yellow and green clowns liked to snack on SPS where they lay eggs. So you'd think he'd be ok from that but I'm no expert. By the way that pocillopora? is a monster.

I'm also kinda surprised those LPS haven't gotten ahold of that ricordea.

Great looking tank too.

Archived