ReefCleaners.org

jb weld

gabe_j

i'm sure this topic has been brought up in the past. (yes i've searched) but it still leave me wanting a better answer. so if this stuff really reef safe its potable and what not but it seems to be pretty soft once under water, is this common? also does anyone have pictures of what this stuff looks like cured in thier tank? i've just got too much coral and livestock at the moment to lose on a $5 mistake if this doesn't work right. i'm not running a skimmer, just my media reactor. so i can't have too much crap released in the water. thanks for all the help guys, and gals. please dicuss indepth! thanks again. -gabe

It is reefsafe. Follow the instructions, once you feel it start getting warm that's when you apply it. It helps to put a dab of superglue gel on the points of contact. Turning off the pumps for 10-15 minutes seems to help it set as well. It should be covered in coralline algae within a month or two so aethetics aren't too important.

ok i didn't know it was supposed to get warm. i mixed and mixed and tried sticking a couple of pieces of rubble together and they just kept falling apart. i wasn't sure what i was doing wrong. i've got all these coral i need to mount. and i want it to work better than super glue for some reason superglue doesn't last more than a couple of months then it just lets go.

These epoxies do not have much tack, that is the reason for the super glue sandwich. Make sure you have JBJ water weld. It will cure rock hard if you are mixing the middle and outside. If your super glue isn't holding more than a few months use a different brand or technique. Mine will last forever.

Lots of info here at the end:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=148730

7160234_jbw_8277_pri_larg.jpg

thanks ST i'll give that link a read. i just want to be absolutely sure of this stuff theres way too much stuff to lose if it doesn't work right you know?

I've been using the above mentioned way for 3+ years now, holds very strong but you have to use both products. If it is just rubble than try the sandwich. If you are gluing rock that has more weight then try acrylic rods or similar

Archived