inTank Media Baskets

Banggai Cardinalfish eats Peppermint Shrimp

jvk

Help, one my Banggai Cardinalfish ate a Peppermint Shrimp. I had 3 shrimp in the tank last week and for the past few days I have only been seeing two. Now one of the shrimp is in my Fish's mouth and I don't know if the shrimp was alive or not at the time of the eating. Should I be worried about the fish choking on the shrimp? Has anyone seen this before? Should my other shrimp be looking over his sholder? :)

See for yourself...

Fish_Shrimp.jpg

well I don't thinks the shrimp is alive anymore. I'd move the other two out just in case. I dont think the fish'll choke, he should be able to spit it out..

what do you feed these guys, maybe you need to feed them more or they aren't eating what you feed them.

well I don't thinks the shrimp is alive anymore. I'd move the other two out just in case. I dont think the fish'll choke, he should be able to spit it out..

what do you feed these guys, maybe you need to feed them more or they aren't eating what you feed them.

I feed then 1/2 a cube of Mini Mysis Frozen Aquarium food from H2O Life Aquarium foods.

Here is a link to the manufatures web page...

Fish Food Here...

Do you see them eating it?

Yea I see them eating the food. They are very eager eaters. I think I am going to try feeding them a whole cube instead.

Update: So apparently the cardinal fish ended up thinking that he bit off more that he could chew and he spit out the shrimp which was immediately eaten by another peppermint shrimp. I think I definetly will feed them more food in the hopes that they will stay away from my last peppermint shrimp

• 4 months later...
my banggai tried to eatmy harlequin. he didnt eat it but mangaged to kill it

several month old bump, but is this common for Banggai? I had one picked out as part of my livestock for my BC29 and really wanted to get a pair of harlequin shrimp.

Yes it is common. Mine at my cleaner shrimp when he was molting. I hated that cleaner though. It stole food from the fish and my bta I used to have until it killed it.

Archived