ReefCleaners.org

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser cleans tank!

burtbollinger

burtbollinger

it works on the inside, one swipe gets all the crazy stubborn stuff even a nano nimble cant get....its really crazy. the tech of the magic eraser is zero chemicals...its from the "micro" texture...gets inside scratches...

FiReBrEaThInGCuTtLeFiSh!XD

very interesting...anyone else tried this. I usu. have to go back and forth several times with my mag float <_<

I imagine the results would be even better it you combined it into a magnetic cleaner so the mag. puts mor pressure down on the magic eraser.

Mr. Thingdoer

That was actually discovered by a woman from my reef club (ladypig) a few years ago. We've been using a magic eraser for years without any ill effects.

FiReBrEaThInGCuTtLeFiSh!XD

the fact that people are writing about this gives me the impression that more people probably tried this before and were probably to embarrassed to share.

According to the wiki article, melamine foam is safe for our reefs

lol...who trusts wiki that much?? I'd be doing a lot more research than just checking wikipedia.

I might just give it a shot next time I need to clean the glass.

I've been using magic eraser on my freshwater 5 gallon acrylic tank for over a year. Wipes that hard green algae right off... I have fresh water Amano shrimp in the tank that would be sensitive to things, and they are fine.

er1c_the_reefer

i use it, no ill effects.

my only gripe is that calcareous stuff like those pesky vermatid snails and those microtube worm thingies that grow on the glass tears up the sponge pretty quick.

lol...who trusts wiki that much?? I'd be doing a lot more research than just checking wikipedia.

Again, I will say.. Going to Wikipedia for information is like going to McDonald's for steaks.

Thunderstruck34
Again, I will say.. Going to Wikipedia for information is like going to McDonald's for steaks.

+1

lol I don't think it could be stated any better than that

Be careful with this product on acrylic. You may not be able to see it from the display view but it is basically fine sandpaper. It will leave micro scratches on any plastic. If you can't see them so be it but it is leaving them.

It also seems to break apart pretty easily so be easy on it. I had tired it years ago but realized that chunks can be left behind if you press hard.

Archived