Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RHS10ATC Refractometer Group Buy

rbdesigns

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys I shipped out all the paid refractometers today. Hopefully SoCal people should start seiing them in the mail tomorrow. For those who haven't paid please do so by tomorrow morning.

Ron

Now that friday is here, does the standby list now have dibs?

yeah go ahead and send the $32 to rbdesigns@mac.com and I will get the refractometer in the mail today.

Stupid paypal.... I have to verify my credit card now? I really hate paypal. I didnt use my account for like a year and they closed it so I had to spend way too much time opening one and now I cant even use it. What a joke. I will get the payment to you asap but I have to wait to verify my credit card.

I'm in SoCal, got mine in the mail yesterday. Arrived in perfect condition, thanks so much for putting together this great deal, this thing is awesome! :D

I live in SE Texas and I got mine this morning. I really appreciate the group buy and rbdesigns for putting it all together.

I have a question about calibrating this new toy. The instructions say that ambient room temperature should be 68 degrees F. Well my house gets down to 71 degrees F at night but that is it. How important is this Temp to calibrate and what do you guys do to calibrate...this is my first refractometer? Also, I use distilled water for top offs but do add SeaChem buffer, Ca, and I to the water will this effect the calibration at all?

Thanx for any input

Thomas

insane

im in FL and i wasnt really expecting them today and after reading that tegallegos got his i went to check it out

low and behold there they were

crazy

still havent opened yet but ill get to it soon enough

Edit: Just checked my tank and the hydrometer is off by 5 ppt!

Thanks for putting this together Ron

Mine arrived today (North Dakota). Tested it out and I am impressed. Very easy to work with and very very accurate. I am amazed how this has changed the way I check my salinity. In future if you decide to sell anymore things I would buy from you again.

Thanks for the help.

Vishnu

I live in SE Texas and I got mine this morning. I really appreciate the group buy and rbdesigns for putting it all together.

I have a question about calibrating this new toy. The instructions say that ambient room temperature should be 68 degrees F. Well my house gets down to 71 degrees F at night but that is it. How important is this Temp to calibrate and what do you guys do to calibrate...this is my first refractometer? Also, I use distilled water for top offs but do add SeaChem buffer, Ca, and I to the water will this effect the calibration at all?

Thanx for any input

Thomas

I have never been able to calibrate at 68F. As long as u wait 20 seconds for the water to match the temperature of the prism it should be ok. I would use pure water whether RO or distilled to calibrate it.

Hey guys, u are welcome. Glad everyone liked the refractometers.

Thanx rbdesigns...I waited until going to bed last night and the Temp in the living room was at 69F so I calibrated with fresh distilled water( I waited 30 seconds before reading). It only needed minor adjustment like less then a quater turn of the screw on top. I tested my tank water and it was spot on at 1.024 which is what it should have been according to my buddies refractometer. My deep six hydrometer is off by -0.004.

Hi MLK,

Here is what I did.

1. Took some RO water and put 3 drops on the prism and then put the cover. Waited for 20 seconds.

2. Looking through the eyepiece I used the small screwdriver to turn the screw on the top till the calibration for RO water read 0

3. Then wiped the water off and took some salt water from the tank and put three drops on the prism and waited for 20 seconds. Then I looked through the eyepiece and read off the salinity. Mine came to about 1.025 @ 82.0 F.

Not sure if this is the correct procedure but since I didnt get any instructions I went with the commonsense approach.

good luck

Vishnu

Archived