Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

"Convince my GF it isnt clutter" IM 10G

Julian_blnc

Julian_blnc

Hi all,

Finally found some motivation to restart my 10 gallon tank after it crashed last year when I moved. Not sure if I am super happy with the scape but it'll do for now.

9w2HIkS.jpg

Tank - IM Nuvo 10 gallon

Return Pump - Sicce baby dude

Heater - 50W  

Lighting - Custom RapidLED fixture that i jankily soldered together  AI Prime 16 HD

Flow Pump - MP-10

ATO - Arduino w Float Switch

Filter Floss Holder - InTank 

Substrate -  SPECIAL GRADE ARAG-ALIVE

Aquascape - Mixture of live rock I have collected over the years

Lid - TBD

Livestock - TBD

Coral - 

Softies

GSP

Pulsing Xenia

Zoas

Candy Apple 

WWC Twizzlers

God of war
        Warlock

WWC Veridian 

Unknown species x3

LPS

Neon Hammer

Captain America Favia

GI JOE Favia

UFO Aussie Lord
         Silver Streak Aussie Lord
         Red Micro Mussa
         Cheesecake Bowerbanki
         Grape Pie Bowerbanki

SPS

ORA Neon Blue Birdsnest

Pink stick dude from LFS

Christmas tree monti (maybe?)

Merulina

n9DyJW7.jpg
fOhOOCG.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
Julian_blnc

Thanks! I need to build a stand and a mount for the light (and finish coding the interface for the light). Im just hesitant to clean up the wires bc I dont know where Im going to put it in my new apartment. The new place is less than a mile away so should be a super easy move.

• 1 month later...
Julian_blnc

Picked up some pieces in FL and drove them back to DC after visiting family. Nitrates are testing at 0 w Salifert. Started dosing a little Polyp Lab One for CA and Mg.

Zoas looked more colorful at the store. May have to adjust my lighting.

• 4 weeks later...
Julian_blnc

It's been about four weeks since moving the tank into our new apartment. Since then, we've introduced a few more frags and have seen quite a bit of growth on the palys and purple encrusting coral. We picked up a fun pink acropora (we think) and a few vibrant zoas. The new zoas opened up when we first introduced them to the tank, but since then have been pretty much closed. Hopefully a bit of stability will bring those guys out again. 

We've been making a few adjustments to our custom light fixture--dropped the height and upped the intensity. Unfortunately, the light modifications were too intense for the corals we had perched near the top of the tank. Frantically moved all our frags down to the sand this week, since one has been looking a bit bleached lately. Dimmed the lights a bit/ dropped the temp and hoping we're still in good shape.

I've also been doing some work on the tank stand. Since the tank sits on our kitchen counter, I needed to find a way to shelter all the rigging from the kitchen sink and neaten things up a little. I raised the whole tank on some plywood and a few bricks and called it a day. Much happier with the way things are looking. Also finally got around to installing a DIY auto top-off. We used an extra arduino, float switch and a relay that were laying around to control an aqualifter.

We are considering getting a new lens for the Canon. Would love to get better photos of the polyps.  

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_3366.jpg

• Like 1
  • Julian_blnc changed the title to "Convince my GF it isnt clutter" IM 10G
debbeach13
9 hours ago, Julian_blnc said:

IMG_1881.JPG

Looks nice. The little mini stand it is awesome. Glad the move went well. Not sure if you have some vodka to go with that Kahlua but I can bring my own,. We can make Black Russians and we will just sit and admire the tank. Of course while sitting 6 ft. apart and wearing a mask between sips. LOL

• Like 1
Julian_blnc
On 7/8/2020 at 6:10 AM, SaltyGallon said:

Looking good. I like the simplicity of the scape and the potential for placement 🙂

Appreciate it! 

On 7/8/2020 at 9:12 AM, debbeach13 said:

Looks nice. The little mini stand it is awesome. Glad the move went well. Not sure if you have some vodka to go with that Kahlua but I can bring my own,. We can make Black Russians and we will just sit and admire the tank. Of course while sitting 6 ft. apart and wearing a mask between sips. LOL

Those are quite delicious!

Julian_blnc

Excited this dude opened up. Calcium was a little high and this guy has been closed for two week since I bought them. After yesterdays water change it started to open. The other two poylps are closed still. 

IMG_1997.jpg

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...