Innovative Marine Aquariums

Replacing SW-4, Tunze 6020 and 6040 any good? Or other recommendations?

ajm83

50 minutes ago, MSunkin23 said:

Hey Sarco, I believe constant flow is one RPM consistently. I believe smooth mode slowly moves between the low and high setting of the interval (much slower than wave mode). I don't think there a difference between "constant" mode and "sleep" mode. I do use smooth mode in my tank and like it, provides some variety in the flow pattern in the tank.

Generally, I only use Smooth, Wave, and Sleep mode in my programs. I use 'Sleep' instead of 'constant' at night only because its easier to see when I have the tank in night mode with the purple color in the app.

Thanks, good info, but how do you know that smooth goes low to high and not high to low, or maybe it goes slowly from low to high and back down again ??  Also, why don't you like random?  It seems to offer even better variety ?

31 minutes ago, sarcophyton said:

Thanks, good info, but how do you know that smooth goes low to high and not high to low, or maybe it goes slowly from low to high and back down again ??  Also, why don't you like random?  It seems to offer even better variety ?

To be honest not sure how smooth operates, but whatever it does it changes slowly. I could use random, but just never programmed it in. I used wave mode for most of the day because works well for what I like. I do alternate the wave timing between intervals quite a bit.

On 11/10/2018 at 10:15 PM, MSunkin23 said:

To be honest not sure how smooth operates, but whatever it does it changes slowly. I could use random, but just never programmed it in. I used wave mode for most of the day because works well for what I like. I do alternate the wave timing between intervals quite a bit.

After some close observation, it looks like smooth mode slowly oscillates between the low and high setting many times during the set.