SaltCritters.com

Tailspot Blenny laying on the floor and now missing?

Dgameman1

1 hour ago, Dgameman1 said:

Do I need to keep the tank empty of fish or nah for this?

Well if I was unable to pin point the cause, I’m cautious so I would probably leave the display fallow. You can leave inverts and corals, typically they are unable to be carriers of most fish pathogens. Gives you an opportunity to at least observe your remaining fish, see if he exhibits any signs of being affected—remember many may not manifest visibly for a while. Might have been why the tailspot appeared to be better but in reality may have still had buggies on him.

1 hour ago, Aurortpa said:

Well if I was unable to pin point the cause, I’m cautious so I would probably leave the display fallow. You can leave inverts and corals, typically they are unable to be carriers of most fish pathogens. Gives you an opportunity to at least observe your remaining fish, see if he exhibits any signs of being affected—remember many may not manifest visibly for a while. Might have been why the tailspot appeared to be better but in reality may have still had buggies on him.

That's fair 😞

So for the QT tank what exactly do I do?

just move the remaining fish over and dose the API general cure?

what exactly do I do and for how long? 😮

just stressed:(

It’s not so bad, just one of those stepping stones we have all been thru.  Here’s an easy guide to follow along:

http://www.saltwateraquariumblog.com/quarantine-tank-setup/

You may be able to take a sponge filter from your system to help seed and stabilize the QT but it still may need some regular water changes to help try to keep potential ammonia down.  You can xfer a rock but if you do end up having to treat, keep in mind it’ll be nuked as well.

Okay cool cool

So I'll dump the fish in there and then medicate them.

Thanks again mate!

And I shouldn't have to medicate corals or inverts ya?

5 minutes ago, Dgameman1 said:

Thanks again mate!

And I shouldn't have to medicate corals or inverts ya?

My pleasure.

Nope, meds often can adversely affect inverts and corals, moreover fish diseases do not proliferate at all on them.