ReefCleaners.org

30g breeder peninsula canceled now a 40breeder

hediki12

It's been a few years since I left the hobby. Well the bug has bitten me again . This time I'm going big.not another pico . I picked a tank that will definitely allow me to  have the floor space to be creative and greedy . This by no means will be a fast build, it will all depend on what life allows me to spend . I just ordered the black acrylic sheets and should begin doing the wall and baffles next week . 

As for gadgets im gunning for these 

-tunze 9004 skimmer

-Jebao 1200 pump

-Finned hmo 150 watt

- Jebao pp4

- galaxyhydro 165 

- Jebao pp-4

-mars 300watt led 

i will be making a upflow algae scrubber for the 2nd chamber as well . So stay tuned guys . I'll gladly accept any inputs to improve this project !!

IMG_1713.JPG

• Like 1

Excuse the dirt haha. So I had to clip the trim to get the jebao 1200 pump in . Fits perfect . Now because I'm impatient . I did not drill the wall . Instead I ordered a u bend return that will go over the false wall . Once I get that piece im going to fill it up do a leake test . My only concern is that the acrylic wall is pretty snugg -1or2mm from the actual interior diameter of the tank . How bad is the expansion of acrylic ? 

28 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

Love the bathtub like proportions of a 30B.  Looking good, will be following.

Thanks . Lol I love the dimensions as well I searched high and low for this tank 

1 hour ago, hediki12 said:

Thanks . Lol I love the dimensions as well I searched high and low for this tank 

Where do you live?  Petland Discounts stocks this tank regularly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Type-H20 said:

Where do you live?  Petland Discounts stocks this tank regularly.

I'm 15mins north of NYC . Never thought to try them lol 

So as I kept tinkering with the aio which in sitting in my garage . I realized I didn't want to give up that much real estate . And the tank was too shallow . So I opted for a 40breeder. Day one of the cycle is complete about 6 more days to go . I document mostly via YouTube so check it out . 

So my cycle is comming to an end ! I dosed dr tims one and only at the start as well as ammonia per instructions . Now for anyone doing this the instructions are for ideal conditions . My cycle took a bit longer . But here's and update of the tank ! 

So I added a few lps and one sps ! Been battling with low alk so I kicked the dosing pump on . Slowly being my dkh up to a 9 slowly . About .5 dkh a day 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, hediki12 said:

So I added a few lps and one sps ! Been battling with low alk so I kicked the dosing pump on . Slowly being my dkh up to a 9 slowly . About .5 dkh a day 

You have pretty Clowns and nice rockwork and I like your Acans & Blastos. 

Make sure you do something about the Bryopsis before it takes over the pretty stuff. :)

I liked the idea of a 30g custom all in one. As someone with a 40b I can say you made the right choice however. I absolutely love my 40b. Dont think i'll ever go smaller again. 

Great scape and vids TMG. 

Cheers

On 7/30/2017 at 7:37 PM, Weetabix7 said:

You have pretty Clowns and nice rockwork and I like your Acans & Blastos. 

Make sure you do something about the Bryopsis before it takes over the pretty stuff. :)

Thanks , I was wondering they same if it was bryopsis , or gha . I'm gonna gfo the tank soon , i also cut my photo period on the full spectrum down to 6hrs. Blues are still at 12hrs . 150w grow light over the fuge is set on 24/7 . So it's not getting any worse it's just not realy subsiding . One rock is pretty much cleaned now . So we shall see ! 

On 7/30/2017 at 9:27 PM, Sharbuckle said:

I liked the idea of a 30g custom all in one. As someone with a 40b I can say you made the right choice however. I absolutely love my 40b. Dont think i'll ever go smaller again. 

Great scape and vids TMG. 

Cheers

Thanks! Scape too many revisions and near drestuction of the bottom glass . Yea the 40b is the text book ideal geometry for a tank imho. Minimum of 18-24 front to back , nothing more than 2feet tall , and you can never go wrong 

Yellow utter chaos' hehe opened up a bit because I switched the lights on to place my new frags. 

IMG_2702.JPG

New frags . I'm a stickler for deals I don't believe in paying full price , or shipping . Thank god for NYC . Lol 

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2698.JPG

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

2 hours ago, Rehype said:

Looks good so far....nice assortment of frags.

Thanks . I'm gunning for 2or 3 more zoas then I'm gonna work on my euphylia and inverts then sps them acans 

• 2 weeks later...

Soo we all know how neglectful summer can make us with our tanks . I finally got around to an update . Got a Hanna ulr checker and ph probe for my reef keeper sl1. But here's update 7 check it out . Thanks ??