Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

hedgeclipper2's Micro-Reefs 4.3 Reef Build - with Sexies and Pom Poms oh my!

hedgeclipper2

hedgeclipper2

Got a new roomie for the Clown in the 20 gal drop off.  LFS has a beautiful Purple Firefish with a nice full belly and he/she was eating well so it's here!  Doesn't really come out yet except for feeding.  I hope it comes out more often once it gets more comfortable.

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

What a beauty! I've always been partial to purple firefish. I even got an BC14 so it wouldn't carpet surf, but never got around to getting one for it. I shall live vicariously through you.

HammerLover

Stunning firefish :wub:

I would love one in my fowlr but it has damsels and terror clowns, so I know it will definitely die haha

hedgeclipper2
41 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Great shots! I like the second to last in particular :happy: 

What lens did you use with your Canon?

Thanks, some are with the 18-55 mm standard lens and some pictures are taken with a Wide Angle lens I bought that was almost the price of the whole camera itself. 

hedgeclipper2
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

:wub:

Shelby wants to know how the pom pom is doing. ;)

"Fred" is doing well!  A little reclusive, but very active towards evening hours and during feedings.  Seems to get along with the Sexies very well.

His anemones seem to be getting bigger if my eyes don't deceive me.

I wonder if they grow, or maybe are just inflating more as he settles in?  I am not a pom pom nem expert lol but I think it is probably possible for them to grow at least a little.

My first pom lost one of his poms along the way and absconded with one of my rics.  He always hid in the shadows so it shriveled into a tiny white mini-ric. :lol:

hedgeclipper2
50 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I wonder if they grow, or maybe are just inflating more as he settles in?  I am not a pom pom nem expert lol but I think it is probably possible for them to grow at least a little.

My first pom lost one of his poms along the way and absconded with one of my rics.  He always hid in the shadows so it shriveled into a tiny white mini-ric. :lol:

It always seems to me when I least expect it, that I look at the tank during the bright of the day and low-and-behold the Pom Pom is front and center waving its pom poms at me.

It is such an interesting creature (probably my favorite of all my tank mates I would say)

Yeah they are pretty amazing little guys.  The one I had six years ago determined for me that I would always try to keep one. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived