Top Shelf Aquatics

New Tank Who Dis? The 3g Pico of College

ZackToren

I've never made one, but you might look into making a hamster bottle ATO which can work well for little picos.  Otherwise I know nothing about ATO's lol.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I've never made one, but you might look into making a hamster bottle ATO which can work well for little picos.  Otherwise I know nothing about ATO's lol.

I've never done this myself but I have friends who have and they say they work great!!

5 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

I've never done this myself but I have friends who have and they say they work great!!

Did your friend record this build by chance? Or is it pretty basic? Do they make all plastic hamster bottles? Lol 

1 hour ago, Ranjib said:

I am using Smart ATO Micro, and pretty happy with it. It's connected to a water jar (repurposed Kent salt Jar) 

Do you have it in a sump? Because I do not have one. And also, even though I said I was ready to blow some money on this tank, that might be a bit much for my purposes. Looks pretty fricken awesome though. 

You should be able to do a search and find something about it, I know there's a few posts/tutorials floating around.  If you can't find by searching the site, try google and adding "nano-reef" or something to your search terms.  It's been a while since I read one so I don't have a link but I do remember reading one on here years ago.

On 2/25/2017 at 7:20 PM, ZackToren said:

ORA® Captive-Bred Yellowline Goby 

I know 1 fish is all I "should" have in a 3g... But what about one of these and one of the neon blue ones? With enough caves would they be pretty docile? Assuming I have adequately ridiculous filtration and water maintenance? Also, with the neon gobies, are they frequent fliers?

My Yellow Neon jumped after 6 happy months :tears: so I would play it safe and create a net lid for the tank (or whatever lid type you prefer).

I've seen a Blue + Yellow Neon bonded pair sold on Diver's Den before. That's how ORA gets the Hybrids. I feel like 3 gallons would be much too small unless you bought a bonded pair, if they are both males or don't get along or what have you there'd be very little space. My Yellow was tiny and didn't care much for swimming, he loved to perch. So I think space-wise, 1 or a bonded pair would be just fine assuming proper maint etc.

22 hours ago, ZackToren said:

Did your friend record this build by chance? Or is it pretty basic? Do they make all plastic hamster bottles? Lol 

Do you have it in a sump? Because I do not have one. And also, even though I said I was ready to blow some money on this tank, that might be a bit much for my purposes. Looks pretty fricken awesome though. 

Nope. All my tanks are AIO. I have plugged it straight in the back chember. I'll try to share photo sometime tonight

Archived