Innovative Marine Aquariums

Infinite Simplicity - A return to fundamentalism

pschom

Zero ammo and higher ph today. Nitrites nearly gone. Nitrates at 20. So maybe like a few more days and I'm good for a WC. goddam thing takes forever. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Wow. Uhh, I am an awful nano reef poster person. Lol. I also haven't done anything cool with this tank as of yet. Didn't even change the water for a month. God awful nitrates. Just did a WC the other day. Fish are fine. I plan on getting the water right in the next 2 weeks, getting a cuc, and getting a couple scrolling montis in there. All that probably within a month. I have to find the right pieces tho because as the title suggests it's not a mixed reef.

2A17D073-D964-4AA8-9E55-1182EDD520C4_zps

• Like 2

How are things back in the DC area?

Go to A1's new spot? King of corals, I think?

Just chillin man. Work, scuba, video games, family, hiking, friends, uhh not necessarily in that order.

Yeah I'll prolly buy from them. There's no where else.

I like the look of this tank. The one rock makes for an intriguing and minimalist aquascape. It looks great

Thx. Here's to hoping it looks really cool when the montis grow out. Trying to keep this one so simple that it's brainless. Lol

Just chillin man. Work, scuba, video games, family, hiking, friends, uhh not necessarily in that order.

Yeah I'll prolly buy from them. There's no where else.

Thx. Here's to hoping it looks really cool when the montis grow out. Trying to keep this one so simple that it's brainless. Lol

I think it will, and yeah that's my mindset as well. I think it's much more enjoyable when you aren't worried about a hundred different things

• 1 year later...

Well. After much neglect and lots of life happenings.....here I am again! My 9 year old is (I think) old enough to take on this project with me and make a reef happen. 

The tank is umm...yeah. It's pretty shite. We have topped everything off and cleaned filters. Doing two water changes over the weekend and once the nitrates are good we will add a piece of live rock to seed things. Then the usual CUC and get some test kits. 

I honestly cant believe my MP5 is running after so long. It's an awesome piece of equipment. 

IMG_3450.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

• Like 2

One water change cut the nitrates in half, and the ammo is down to almost nothing. 

Water clarity is pretty great! Steady salinity, Ph and temp. We don't have test kits for anything else yet. 

Second wc tomorrow. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, pschom said:

One water change cut the nitrates in half, and the ammo is down to almost nothing. 

Water clarity is pretty great! Steady salinity, Ph and temp. We don't have test kits for anything else yet. 

Second wc tomorrow. 

Awesome, nice to see you picking this up again!!!

It'll be really fun doing this with your 9yo. 

My 11 yo son actually did a school project on the Biosphere of the Reef this last year, so I can talk Reefy stuff with him now and he gets it. 

The other day I got some Live Phytoplankton and when he got home from school I was all like, "Dude, I have the first step of the Ocean Food Chain on our refrigerator door!!". 

Cool stuff. 

• Like 3

Wow you're still here! Crazy. I guess once you do this you just always have that need to do it. :) 

And thanks. Yeah i was actually kinda surprised that he got into it. He even researched some stuff on wet web. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pschom said:

Wow you're still here! Crazy. I guess once you do this you just always have that need to do it. :) 

And thanks. Yeah i was actually kinda surprised that he got into it. He even researched some stuff on wet web. 

I actually took a break of several years, just jumped back into things this January. 

But I'm definitely back full force, doing all kindsa fun, experimental stuff!!

My tank thread is in my Sig if you wanna check it out. 

Water clarity is amazing, but I blew off the rock and cleaned out the back and even after a 50% change, those nitrates are bad. Not as bad as they were. But yeah. Have to change another 50% probably. 

image.jpg

• Like 1