SaltCritters.com

Shallow Reef

Twilton

The tanks is coming together nicely and it looks like you have some great DIY skills. Can't wait to see how this develops!

Cheers man, will take some new pics later on today. Im currently in the middle of upgrading though... It was always my intention as two clowns in a 7g is alright when they're 1" but now they're coming up to 2", so I've treated myself to a ADA 60-p.

Awesome lil tank!!! Sweet ato!

Thanks pal

Very cool!

Thanks man, I tried to be as detailed as I could, due to difficult to find a good guide myself. This is a really simple DIY project that can be done by anyone.

• 4 months later...

how do you get the water to stay in that tank when it's upside down? :P

this little trick I learn't whilst abroad :P, nah I have no idea whats up with that image haha

• 4 weeks later...

Again it's been a real long time before i've updated this thread, weird because i'm always lurking around in the forum's.

photo_1_1.jpg
I decided to upgrade this tank and went for a ADA 60p with the lilypipes and a vortech, due to the size of this tank, I was not permitted to run a sump in my student housing... obviously it makes no real difference as we all know but sometimes you win sometimes you...
This tank was great fun I enjoyed the size and also the new real-estate of which to fill with coral as soon as my first student load dropped, I never got round to actually adding much more due to deciding to invest in a 25kg bucket of salt and a RO/DI filter, the filter been the greatest purchase of my reefing time... . Christmas break comes which means I'm home for two weeks.. oh thats no problem
I left my tank for one year before.
Anyway flatmates forget to top the electricity up before leaving...
I didn't stand a chance of restocking this tank and in the end I decided move back onto my shallow pico.
photo_2_2.jpg
photo_3_1.jpg
I got pretty bored of the whole taking the canister filter apart every week etc.. also with downgrading, the temp probe and ato sensor became very apparent. So popping into the uni acrylic works place I was able to fabricate this which is spot on for the job. I've got rocks in there and a couple of softies again, I will post a new fts later as the lights are off now.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Legendary Corals

As a lot of others have already said, great DIY skills!

Really like how this macro algae looks like a tree in this photo. Looks like the zoa garden is off to a great start too. :)

MG_6366.jpg

Cheers mate

Moved the warm white over the top so it look's like sunlight, didn't really come through much with the other lights overpowering. Just having some fun.

The frag rack is holding some new additions for the garden as well :)

• 2 weeks later...
Pictures of setup

Below equipment cubbyhole

IMG_7502.jpg

Full Setup

IMG_7511.jpg

Added a couple more corals... Ricorda garden is in motion will post some photos in the next couple of days.

Also excuse the light sticking out, I fabricated an extension for it due to no knowing how hot it would get, it's not heating up at all so I may move it further into the fixture.

Thankyou for viewing

Who make that par bulb ? Te spectrum looks niceeeee !!

It's really nice yeah, its made by Marine Reef Led - a UK company. The bulb contains 6 455nm Blue / 4 10'000K White / 1 4500k Warm White / 1 420nm Fiji Purple / UV LED's

• 2 weeks later...
Some update pictures, haven't got a macro lens at the moment so just documentation really.

It's not been long so not too much growth but everything is colouring up nicely.

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

IMG_4521.jpg

Enjoy
  • 1 year later...

Some update pictures, haven't got a macro lens at the moment so just documentation really.

It's not been long so not too much growth but everything is colouring up nicely.

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

IMG_4521.jpg

Enjoy

Update show this beauty to the world :).

Archived