Coral Vue Hydros

Reefin' at Work

banshee

surgicalsense
So lucky! I want a reef tank at the office! But they want a chinchilla after the freshwater fish die..... all they do is feed, no WC no top off its sad really.....

I am going to have to put some water in there tomorrow. :happy:

:lol: ... after the fw fish, die. Love the vet's office. Chinchillas are cute and fuzzy.

That is pretty sweet you get to reef at work. I wish I could reef at work :happy:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish I could have a Pico at work, the people there don't want fish so they are letting the ones we have suffer. I gave them extra water last week as I couldn't look at it any more. Poor fishes.

I take care of all the bettas at work. I got one on my desk and then like 3 other people got them and they're always dirty. I probably spend 3 hours a week cleaning all the fish bowls!

New rock, eh??? Cool!!!!!! Can't wait to see it :happy:

Yep! It's here at my house but it won't get to work until tomorrow. Hope there isn't too much die off!

:lol: ... after the fw fish, die. Love the vet's office. Chinchillas are cute and fuzzy.

That is pretty sweet you get to reef at work. I wish I could reef at work :happy:

Chinchillas are much more demanding than fish. My ex and I had three. He still has two of them. They live like 20 years if they're well cared for but they can die pretty quickly from heat/stress/etc. Sounds like the people you work with are jerks!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Here she is! not sure if I'm keeping the rock, rearranging, or starting over but at least there's something to stare at while I think about it! :D

photo.jpg

I've always been a fan of unique aquascaping, and I like the start you made! :)

Thanks! I still have that rock wrapped in paper and a bag at work to preserve some bacteria in case I decide to use it. My new LR is sitting in the box by the door waiting to go to work with me in the morning. I can't wait to open it up!

New rock is in and the sand has settled back down! This is uncured LR so there's already lots of life and some sort of macroalgae growing on the left rock. There's also a sponge on the top and what appear to be tiny feather dusters. :D

photo-1.jpg

Banshee -

Was that a chunk of Real Reef Rock in your initial setup? Based on my own experiences in startign a nano tank up with it, I'd advise dumping it and sticking with your latter selections...seems the stuff's so dense that it's nigh biologically inert compared to most other liver rock. At least in smaller tanks where the rock's gotta work for its living.

Looks purty and is probably great for building a pre-fab insta-reef in a larger tank...think a display in a restaurant or office lobby where an having an ugly cycling tank or a bunch of bleach-white base rock being seeded for 3-5 weeks is deemed unacceptable.

Huh...I haven't seen that 300 anywhere locally. The Korallia 240 was the smallest I could lay my hands on.

In the intial set up it was aquacultured cured LR I bought from the LFS. It's the same rock I have in my BC14. I switched to uncured LR from KP Aquatics because I wanted to see what kind of life I would get.

I had never seen the Pico 300 either until I stumbled upon it at the LFS. It seems pretty nice so I hope it will work well!

Nice! Creepy hitchhikers, but fun nonetheless!

Yeah, the Hydor Pico series rocks, I have the Hydor Pico 180, and that think is a champion!

surgicalsense
Chinchillas are much more demanding than fish. My ex and I had three. He still has two of them. They live like 20 years if they're well cared for but they can die pretty quickly from heat/stress/etc. Sounds like the people you work with are jerks!

I work for Activision ... there is only room for video games here. No tanks :mellow:

... A huge 200g would look awesome in our main lobby.

Water is finally clearing and I got the extension cord for the light. I like it so far! And I can't make up my mind what I want to do with this but I'm excited nonetheless!

pico-1.jpg

surgicalsense
Water is finally clearing and I got the extension cord for the light. I like it so far! And I can't make up my mind what I want to do with this but I'm excited nonetheless!

pico-1.jpg

Sweet. I would keep it super simple since it is at the office. Just tossing ideas ;) I would just get 1 fish or 2 small fish only. Your typcal CUC and corals that will not grow huge fast.

Sexy shrimp and zoa party !!! and maybe a clown goby.. desk tanks can be so neat.. i would never get any work done..LOL

Thanks all! I think I have a plan but I have to see if I can pull it off by the cutoff dates for additions! ;)

I was thinking sexy shrimp, zoas and a damsel but now I have a whole different scenerio in mind! I just need the funds and some luck! :lol:

That's for me to know and you to find out! ;)

Actually, my plan is totally dependent on some of the folks here having enough of what I want on the livestock forum. I'm afraid if I say it out loud someone else might steal my livestock! :lol:

First water params run.

pH: 8.0

S.G.: 1.024 -1.025 (hydrometer - I'll bring my refractometer in before I add life)

Ammonia: Off the chart

Nitrite: 0.25

Nitrate: 10

So there's some cycle starting but I think I'll add some Dr. Tim's and see if that helps it along. :)

Yeah, if it was my BC I'd be having a fit right now! :P

I'm not too worried about the pico. I have some macros coming next week for the start of the contest. Other than that I may steal a hermit and emerald or something from the BC. That's about as far as my plan extends right now.

Haven't yet. I've got the stock light on there for now along with stock filter. I'm going to wait until I deal with some stuff at work to make the mods and decide on the final design for this tank. :happy:

Archived