Innovative Marine Aquariums

CarrillXXP's ADA 60-F

CarrillXXP

How about an update,...

FISH:

I've been having both ups and downs and am starting to become frustrated with the hobby to be honest but my first clown went carpet surfing a few weeks ago and that was pretty sad so I decided to pick up another. Two weeks later suicidal jr. followed the same path.

Last tuesday I went to my LFS and picked up a Green Banded Goby :wub: and a Longspined Cardinal,... all was well until the cardinal would not eat and kicked the bucket two days ago.

DOWN TO ONE FISH.

CORAL:

All my SPS frags of acro died very slowly. I don't think my lights are fully capable of keeping SPS or I might have just pulled them out of the tank too soon. All frags were growing to the rock but shaded areas of the coral started to bleach and I think it was causing STN.

My Monti frags are doing pretty good actually, and are still growing but have lost a tremendous amount of color, despite growing.

My Radioactive Dragon Eyes have fallen victim to pods and have not opened up in two weeks but my Space Monster is doing awesome.

MISC:

Ulva has grown out of a small piece of LR in my display and it's pretty cool, but I am trying to battle some bryopsis. What helps?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Emerald Crabs eat Bryopsis?...is there even an invert that does eat it? I picked it up from a frag <_<

I'm also deciding whether or not I should head to the FS when I go to Fair Oaks next weekend to pick up a clam (Which I am planning to have anyways,) or pick up a frag of Magician Palys from LazyReefer.

Reefcleaners Feeder Formula* is working out great and everything eats it, but I haven't noticed my Goby eat directly any of the food I put in the tank, I suppose he his happy sifting the sand and picking off pods? :happy:

I think I will too, I want to buy more corals as well but I am trying to find specific things locally. Shipping kills me on costs if I order online.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have not added anything at all to this tank, my cloves are sending out what seem to be runners and are sprouting new heads like crazy, and my GSM polyp is still just one polyp. I've been super busy for the most part but have been adding to the list of things I'll be buying in the very near future since...

I'M OFFICIALLY EMPLOYED AS A "MANNY"!

...haha. I need to become CPR & First Aid certified as well, so that with the job, alongside school is somewhat overwhelming.

What I'll be buying over the course of the next few weeks...

• Vortech MP10
  • GLA Lily Pipe
  • Glazer Overflow
  • Inline Heater
  • 2 Red Stripe Gobies
  • Emerald Crab
  • SH*T ton of new Palys and Zoas

SO, I am pissed off yet again, my green banded jumped the gun last night and was turned into a kitty treat. I need an awesome looking goby pair that won't have suicide (jumping) tendecies! I like trimma's but do they jump?

Thanks! I hope they don't! I just don't want a lid, I think it takes away from the ADA tanks design. I am going to ask my FS if they can put in a special order for me.

To be honest any fish is a potential jumper especially in such a shallow tank but i had masked gobies when i had that tank and they never jumped they just killed each other off until there was only one left...

That makes sense, and I have never even seen a masked goby. I just thought maybe a pair would keep them both mellowed out. I've also been looking into upgrading lighting. I like my boost bulbs but I want some more pop.

That makes sense, and I have never even seen a masked goby. I just thought maybe a pair would keep them both mellowed out. I've also been looking into upgrading lighting. I like my boost bulbs but I want some more pop.

I feel the same way! What colour configuration do you have in your bulbs? I have 3rb 1 cw 1 nw I think? I can't remember how many there are supposed to be :P

I'm doing a 20L upgrade soon, and I'm going to be using a 2 bulb t5ho fixture in addition to the LEDs, I'll see if I can get the pop that way. I wish the Boost bulbs were adjustable!

Well i also had trimma gobies when i had that tank and they did well. Although i think talbots damsels would look really cool in that tank as well.

pics of my masked gobies and talbots damsels

4759735137_51e19f3ac6.jpg

5536814788_9a346499a8.jpg

Go T5's for the new lights ;)

That's the same that I have, and they are cool...green's look awesome, but a lot of the other color is drowned out. I was looking at LEDTRiC's new full spectrum PAR38 bulb that seems really interesting. I've always wanted a full spectrum fixture but I am not sure if they will give me the growth I'd like to have.

The "tuna blue" kessil is in the works too and they already have REALLY nice color as it is Google it! I think they are going to be fairly priced as well. If I am not satisfied then my last bet is just save up and buy an AI nano.

B) Awesome pics, how big does that damsel get? and link me a good T5 fixture :flower:

Ill keep that model in mind, I really like LED's as far as cost but the color and growth isn't impressing me all that much! I get my paycheck in two weeks so ill look into T5s for now.

Ill keep that model in mind, I really like LED's as far as cost but the color and growth isn't impressing me all that much! I get my paycheck in two weeks so ill look into T5s for now.

I had the same issue and thats why i switched back. My colors have never looked better.

Well now I am excited, I'll look at other bulb color combo's that people are going with. Now that I am actually making some money I don't see why I shouldnt be able to afford T5s.

I am seriously writing this stuff down on sticky notes and posting them on my monitor. Thanks a bunch dude.

Back from a crazy weekend in Berkeley,... good times but I am heading to the average pet store on my way to the post office to drop off a package tomorrow; they sell porcelain crabs and bangaii cardinals. I am deciding between one or the other.

Archived