inTank Media Baskets

Pili's Custom PicoAquariums Manta

Pili

That clown is adorable!

Thanks! I still haven't decided on a name yet, open to suggestions! He is starting to turn a little darker now, hoping to get a little more black around the bars yet.

How about putting some fuzzy sticks in that tank?

Fuzzy sticks are on the way! I put 2 acros and a digi in 2 weeks ago and they are doing fine. Hoping to add a few more next week after the kessil arrives.

In other news, I think something is nibbling on some of my zoas. Some of my smaller frags have somewhat dissintagrated. Haven't found the cuprit yet though :angry:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, I love this tank, so clean. The clown, did it have a designer name? I saw some on ibluewater.com that had those spots, they called them keyholes. I'm drooling over the new clowns out there, I don't think I'll ever fork over the cash for one, but then again.... ;)

WOW, I love this tank, so clean. The clown, did it have a designer name? I saw some on ibluewater.com that had those spots, they called them keyholes. I'm drooling over the new clowns out there, I don't think I'll ever fork over the cash for one, but then again.... ;)

It is an ORA Black Ice :)

well, I just got the kessil running. It's a different look, thats for sure. The spread is great but the shimmer is almost too intense, makes you dizzy staring at the tank for a while. Color is nice, but I'll have to get used to the 'dim' look that I've heard described. Definitely not going to throw away my halide just yet, but I suppose the proof is in the pudding as they say. Looking forward to seeing how everything reacts.

Running it about 5" higher then my halide for the time being, hopefully that should ease in the corals.

Whelp, sorry for the lack of promised updates. Life seems to get in the way sometimes. Mostly everything has responded well to the Kessil (sps has browned quite a bit) and the tank it growing in very nicely. ATO has been set up for a while and everything sure appreciates the consistency. Tank photos asap, promise.

Crappy photos strike again but here they go. LEDs did not make the photo's any easier.

Overall, the kessil is pretty nice. The color is growing on me, but something is still missing. The heat and power usage are way down though which more than offsets the funky feeling I have about it. I fried one sps frag with it, but otherwise everything seems ok.

The PVC rack is definitely overkill now but it does the trick. tbh I'll probably keep it this way until the tank is moved or broken down.

6814406500_144b402f87_z.jpg

6814406918_c84f2c378d_z.jpg

Tried to get the spread in this one. It might help.

6960521551_120fe6dcbb_z.jpg

6960522877_fb82122b4f_z.jpg

6960520069_69720e3aeb_z.jpg

FTS, the color is sort of right.

6960522145_7d70676ab6_z.jpg

very nice! like the scape alot! nice coral selection too. you got a skimmer on that thing? where did you get the tank? how long have you had the gonipora?

I love this!!! i can't wait to start mine. Does the Kessil have a dimmer on it?

Nope, no dimmer. WSIWYG.

very nice! like the scape alot! nice coral selection too. you got a skimmer on that thing? where did you get the tank? how long have you had the gonipora?

No skimmer. Tank was custom made by chris @ PicoAquariums. Nothing but good things to say about the tank still. I've had the goni for maybe 1.5 months now, it's grown a bit.

dibs on kessil when you decide to change your lights sebae

Special deal for you nips, $300 takes it.

looks better then before imo

It does and doesn't IMO. Thanks though. Your tank is coming along I saw, looks good.

bdaniel5278

looks awesome man, i almost got one of those lights for my tank, least now i can see how it will look if i decided to

It does and doesn't IMO. Thanks though. Your tank is coming along I saw, looks good.

what do you notice that different about it from the halide?

Archived