Top Shelf Aquatics

Smity's 40BB

Smity

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
revaltion131

I love your acans, never been able to really get them going like that. Your green and purple(?) with the white stripes looks exactly like one I used to have and would love to have again, especially doing so well. Do you mind me asking if you remember the source?

I love your acans, never been able to really get them going like that. Your green and purple(?) with the white stripes looks exactly like one I used to have and would love to have again, especially doing so well. Do you mind me asking if you remember the source?

Thank you, all it has take for me is routine water changes with quality boosted reef salt and T5 lighting perferable a mix of ATI blue+ and ATI Aquablue special.

Unfortunitly I just sold the green acan colony and I really miss it. I purchased it in Roseville, MI at a shop called Oceans and Sea's on Gratiot ave.

• 2 weeks later...

How is your double return lines? When I was testing my single return, there was a massive amount of water flowing. Ripples barely settled before hitting the other side of the tank. Hopefully running it through the chiller will slow it down.

I wish I had ripples, I need a bigger pump.

900-1000gph should put me @ maximum that the overflow can handle just under 700 plus I'll have room to tee off and run other things like a second tank and/or my pellet reactor

thirdchild
I wish I had ripples, I need a bigger pump.

900-1000gph should put me @ maximum that the overflow can handle just under 700 plus I'll have room to tee off and run other things like a second tank and/or my pellet reactor

Love the full tank shot from a couple of days ago. It's very sleek!

Out of curiosity, what kind of return pump do you use now?

Thanks guys! I did rescape alittle and brought my BTA up higher seemed to be stretching up towards the light too much.

Also need some ID help to see if one of my SPS has RTN or STN. I did do a nice cleaning in the display last water change but seem to be getting a accumulation of brown hair algae strings on the bare bottom and back wall. I cleaned it off during water change but the next day it grew back?

I wonder if its due to heat causing the algae bloom, right now since its been so hot in Michigan tank has hit 81-82 at peak and this is a basement tank so I figured I wouldnt need a chiller...

I am still running bio pellets but wondering if I should up the amount to combat this issue. I'll post some pics of the above concerns tomorrow.

Beutiful tank. Enjoyed the video. The coral looks fine, around the base I see new growth. The algae are normal part of te tank maturing. One question for you; did you do anything specific to get rid of the diatoms/brown fuzz?

Thank you Sahin, the tank has been up for about 6 months now and for the past 2 weeks I have noticed the brown hair growth. I did a water change a few days ago to see if I could bust it off the back wall and bottom. Looked clean then the next day it was like I never cleaned it...

Thats why I think the heat is fueling it faster to grow. Normally my tank is a steady 78.1F but lately due outside temp it maxes @ 82 and takes overnight to come back down to 78

Yes nice clean look and great macro shot of the acans.

Are chromis that angry? The blue chromi looks pretty mild mannered

Archived