ReefCleaners.org

In the beginning............And then there was life......

gupebreedr

As promised although a couple days late, is a picture of my new Gorgonian. It was being stubborn and didn't want to open for the first few days after I purchased it. It's not quite a pretty as it was in the LFS. I'm wondering if I need to move it to a higher flow area. It really is much darker then what my photo shows. I know it's not the greatest picture, but does any one have a clue as to what type it is? It's about 8" tall. Note the small bubble algae at the base, I'll remove that during my next WC.

DSCN0732.jpg

My little Colt frag that was gifted to me from a friend. It's slightly over an inch tall... I didn't think it would make it as it was just a loose frag thrown in with a few zoas and a yuma.

DSCN0733.jpg

And just another shot of my playful clowns. Bert's on top, Ernie is below, the one with the odd shaped bar.

DSCN0734.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I did, and I thought I posted about how adorable those clowns are but I guess I didn't. :huh:

Anyways, cool gorg. I've been considering one but haven't seen one I really like yet. But then again my LFS suck.

I saw you spreading some love to my friend Cody (grandmasterbakka), I started my tank and then we hit up a bar like a few days after and we got to talking and he gor hooked B)

An exciting day for me, I added a few more inhabitants to my little world.

DSCN0737.jpg

Small Hammer Frag

DSCN0735.jpg

Single Duncan He opened within just a few minutes of entering his new home.

DSCN0736.jpg

My new Orange and Lime green Ultra Color Maxi/Mini. Accepted my placement right away.

DSCN0738.jpg

My Red and Green Ultra color Maxi/Mini. He kinda floated around until he found this location towards the back of the tank.

I also found the last fish I've been wanting, a little Green Clown Goby. Unfortunately he went into hiding so I doubt I'll have any pic of him any time soon. I made sure he was eating at the LFS, he eagerly accepted flake food.

Usual weekly maintenance performed this morning, water change, checked filters and turkey basted my live rock. Tank is slightly cloudy from all the activity today so I'll post a FTS as soon as it clears up.

My Gorgonian I added last week seams to be doing well, it's fully open and looks almost as good as it did at the LFS.

So here I thought it would be days until I saw my new Clown Goby, but no, he proved me wrong. Here he is checking out his marine circus. LOL

DSCN0739.jpg

Those nems are awesome, I'm on the fence about getting one, I like them but not sure I want to take care of one :lol:

Thanks guys, Me likes'em a lot. Joel come on now, how hard can it be to take care of one of these little guys???? Let them bask in some bright light and throw them a tasty morsel from time to time.

Thanks guys, Me likes'em a lot. Joel come on now, how hard can it be to take care of one of these little guys???? Let them bask in some bright light and throw them a tasty morsel from time to time.

I don't like things that have to be fed that aren't fish. It just complicates things. I did that with the 75 and after about a year or two I just got tired of all the extra steps. I just like being able to feed once a day and that be it. I had a GBTA that hosted a pair of clowns but I never fed it because the clowns did. Maxi's cant be hosted so I don't really want to fool with them, even though I've seen some gorgeous ones.

I wouldn't buy maxi's if you have jawfish or anything similar in body type they will eventually be eaten. I've lost a jawfish and a midas to my damn maxi's. I tried to rip one of them out and flush it but it just sucked up, then puffed up a week later happy as can be. They are cool looking nems and don't require much work(I feed 1-2 a month) but If i could turn back time i wouldnt have bought them. im much happier with my hosted GLTA.

I wouldn't buy maxi's if you have jawfish or anything similar in body type they will eventually be eaten. I've lost a jawfish and a midas to my damn maxi's. I tried to rip one of them out and flush it but it just sucked up, then puffed up a week later happy as can be. They are cool looking nems and don't require much work(I feed 1-2 a month) but If i could turn back time i wouldnt have bought them. im much happier with my hosted GLTA.

Thanks for your thought. I've no jawfish, just by two clowns and my newest addition, a green clown goby. I'm not too concerned about the clowns being eaten but may have to watch for the goby. I've no plans on adding any other fish as I believe I've maxed out for the bio-load, just a few more corals and I'm good to go.

I'm very content to watch the playful antics of the clowns and watching the corals thrive and multiple(hopefully).

I'm not sure where you are shopping - have you tried Coral Corral and Fish and Other Itchy Stuff in Oldsmar? Both are great.

I'm not sure where you are shopping - have you tried Coral Corral and Fish and Other Itchy Stuff in Oldsmar? Both are great.

The maxi/mini's and corals came from Itchy and my Green Clown Goby came from Marine Warehouse. Coral Corral is also a great place. Gotta love that show tank when you first walk in.

Do you by chance know of any places in St. Pete or Clearwater?????

Those are my favorite places - the only place I've been in St. Pete that I like so far (not sure I've found every store yet, lol) is Rockin Reef http://rockinreef.com/ they are pretty helpful but the store has a "been there a while" vibe.

I found some other stuff through Tampa Bay Reef Club. I do my best not to get over to Tampa too often - but I am willing to cross the county line to go to Coral Corral...

I was a bit bored so I thought I'd share a few pics of my tank as it is today.

FTS. My clowns are not happy at the moment as I moved the frogspawn they were hosting in. My Gorgonian looks well although it might be a tad to big for my tank. I've not seen much of my Clown Goby other then a super brief appearance this morning. I need something in the upper middle and slightly to the left, any suggestions.....

DSCN0761.jpg

My newest addition, my Orange maxi/mini nem. It's settled in quite nicely and has not moved since I added it. It's looking pretty sweet today.

DSCN0756.jpg

Lastly, my Hammer, it's starting to form a nice double rosette.

DSCN0757.jpg

I'm pleased that I figured out how to use my camera. hahaha. My pics are looking a little better, at least I think so.....

Your pictures are definitely improving! You keep posting those minis I might end up with one!

Does that hammer have those purplish tips irl?

Your pictures are definitely improving! You keep posting those minis I might end up with one!

Does that hammer have those purplish tips irl?

No purple tips, they way it shows in the photo is the way it really looks. I did not edit my pics in any way.

Thanks for the encouragement on my photos. They are really improving since I learned how to use the silly menu button. DUH :slap: I figured out to adjust the settings for the white balance, how to cut off the flash and how to set it for close ups.

My first video, hope it works. You may have to click on the picture to activate it. Not the greatest but give me a break, it's my first time. You might say I am a video virgin. :o The clowns are not at all happy as my Goby has taken over their frogspawn....

th_DSCN0770.jpg

And look who is deciding to make an appearance..... It's Gizmo the Goby.

DSCN0774.jpg

DSCN0775.jpg

DSCN0776.jpg

Somebody has been having some fun in my tank. ;) I come home from work to find this deposited on the back of the tank.

DSCN0779.jpg

It's got to be some kind of snail eggs as I'm sure hermits don't lay like this. .

Yup, looks like snail eggs to me. :)

Thanks Joel, They look pretty white, I doubt that they are viable....

I've not seen many baby snails, but the ones I've seen are hella white, I bet they are okay :)

What kinda time frame are we looking at>>>>>>>

Not sure, bet you could find something like that around here though haha. When I see them I usually just see like one. I don't get lucky enough to see them lay the ends, I just occasionally see little white specks cruising around. I thought they were pods at first but they have shells on closer inspection.

Not sure, bet you could find something like that around here though haha. When I see them I usually just see like one. I don't get lucky enough to see them lay the ends, I just occasionally see little white specks cruising around. I thought they were pods at first but they have shells on closer inspection.

Thanks, will check that. It's funny when I first saw it I thought it was some kind of a worm.

Archived