Pod Your Reef

Criley's 20H Mixed Reef

Criley7

Yesterday I also added an Emerald Crab in hopes to get rid of some bubble algae I have. I also though it would be cool to add a "reef safe" photosynthetic and planktivore Upside Down jellyfish. I though it would be some awesome movement in the tank since they don't eat fish or inverts and they are reef safe. Well it turns out the reef isn't a safe place for them. It got blown around my tank because there was too much flow for it, it got caught on my overflow multiple times. So since I knew it wouldn't make it I decided to take him back. :(

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sad to hear about the jelly, they are awesome creatures to watch but dont see too many in reef tanks, those new lights are looking awesome, im thinking about going with that bulb combination in the future and seeing how good your stuff looks under has given me more confidence that its a good idea. That Pocillapora looks pretty sick under those lights, almost fuzzy lol. awesome build though, keep the updates coming

Yeah I really am amazed how much better they look then the stock bulbs. I would compare the new look to my fathers LEDs they are that good. Plus all my pics are taken on my iphone 3Gs so i cant adjust any picture quality at all. Im especially happy that all my People Eaters can show off their true colors now! Thanks again for the compliments.

Nice reef Criley....I really like your ricordeas! They are multiplying fast? Sadly ricordeas don´t do well in my reef... :angry:

Hails from Brazil

D.

Thanks!

My Torch is getting huge. Twice as big as when I bought it only a month or so ago. I might need to get rid of it to make more room. :(

uyLm4.jpg

Great tank. Love the new light's really helped me decide that I am definitely going with this combo, but do you think the KZ Fiji Purple will change the look compared to the Purple Plus? If it's more purple/blue thats cool too, just figured everyone says Fiji Purple is good etc etc.

Thanks for your help and beautiful tank!

New ultra green and red Wellsophyllia brain.

yp0wT.jpg

YWG perched on Acans

IBioQ.jpg

I wish I had a better camera cause the brain looks crazy in my lights. It has red, peach, and yellow striping throughout the shades of green.

• 3 weeks later...

Just something maybe that you don't see often. Like if I could get a tank made that was tall at one end and shallow at the other for example? Idk really just throwing it out there for people's input.

I love the color in these new Acans

4pf4y.jpg

Close shot of Ricordia

uSDdn.jpg

0q0fL.jpg

AOdDV.jpg

The color has changed for the better in these guys.

uW3oX.jpg

ALL PICTURES TAKEN WITH IPHONE 4GS

Archived