Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sweet<3's Clownfish Adventure

sweet<3

altolamprologus
Haha very true! But we all know what happens on spring break-hopefully there are lots of babies to follow!

And i lied, i just got home and found a large clutch of onyx eggs :D

Wooooo! omgomgomg

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha very true! But we all know what happens on spring break-hopefully there are lots of babies to follow!

And i lied, i just got home and found a large clutch of onyx eggs :D

hahaha you said it not me.....haha :D

SWEET!

Ahahaha gotta get the video camera ready and take some scandalous footage for you guys :D

I actually have some new pairings too. I need to update my first post...

Ok so I updated my first post with current pics of my current pairs :D

Hopefully I will have some more exciting updates soon!

hey sweet, how bout you send me that onyx female and the male platnium , just to be cool B) .... you got some heavy artillery of clowns btw... good luck

Haha I dont think they make boxes big enough to fit the onyx in. She is a MONSTER! Hopefully they will be laying in the next few days. Maybe we can swap some clown babies someday :D

I made my own screen lids and used wood for the rims instead of plastic. I had a female snowflake jump so I had to prevent that haha. Not the best looking but it works :D

Haha I dont think they make boxes big enough to fit the onyx in. She is a MONSTER! Hopefully they will be laying in the next few days. Maybe we can swap some clown babies someday :D

yeah sounds good, i wont have babies ready for a while , i sold off all my breeding pairs and started with my own males with some nice females, so lets see how long that takes, hopefully the super snowflake gene proves out for me.im curious to see the offspring from that onyx and platnium though, will be interesting!!

Well at the rate I'm going I won't have babies for a while either :D haha. Sounds like you are gonna have some nice babies once they get going though!

In other news, the onyx x platinum pair laid today!!! Wooooot! The bad news? The male followed the female and ate the eggs before they even hit the pot. This male is small and his stomache is so full it looks like hes going to explode. Pics to follow...

Well at the rate I'm going I won't have babies for a while either :D haha. Sounds like you are gonna have some nice babies once they get going though!

In other news, the onyx x platinum pair laid today!!! Wooooot! The bad news? The male followed the female and ate the eggs before they even hit the pot. This male is small and his stomache is so full it looks like hes going to explode. Pics to follow...

Dang you must be frustrated, but it happens im sure he'll stop eating the eggs soon, give him time. my picasso/snowcasso pair took forever to stop eating eggs but finally did...

Following along, congrats on your progress. I've got a small pair of Black Ice that I'd like to breed in a few years. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Dang you must be frustrated, but it happens im sure he'll stop eating the eggs soon, give him time. my picasso/snowcasso pair took forever to stop eating eggs but finally did...

Thanks! I'm sure he will...it was just crazy to see his ginormous belly and the quick work he was making of the eggs haha.

Following along, congrats on your progress. I've got a small pair of Black Ice that I'd like to breed in a few years. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Ya definitely :D Nano-reef is the best place to learn about breeding in my opinion. All of the breeders are friendly and willing to help! Never hesitate to ask if you have questions!

So here are the pics I promised...

Here is the clutch of onyx eggs:

IMG_6849.jpg

It's impossible to tell, but there are about five eggs left at this point. I think big momma is trying to keep papa from eating them haha:

IMG_6843.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

Nom nom nom nom:

IMG_6830.jpg

Look at this belly! It's hard to get the full effect here but this fish is about 1 1/4" (really small despite being two years old). I wish I knew exactly how many eggs he ate haha:

IMG_6840.jpg

And the sad aftermath:

IMG_6837.jpg

Hopefully they will get into a routine soon and there will be something to show for it!

So I have an exciting announcement!

My Darwin x Extreme Snowflake pair is laying right now as I type!

:wub:

2-28-12.jpg

Cross your fingers that they leave me some eggs to hatch and don't eat them all!

For those interested in Black Ice babies, they may be here very soon!

...i always wanted to fly out to cali to pick up a pair of clowns

lol

fantastic thread and keep up the hard work

So here are the pics I promised...

Here is the clutch of onyx eggs:

IMG_6849.jpg

It's impossible to tell, but there are about five eggs left at this point. I think big momma is trying to keep papa from eating them haha:

IMG_6843.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

Nom nom nom nom:

IMG_6830.jpg

Look at this belly! It's hard to get the full effect here but this fish is about 1 1/4" (really small despite being two years old). I wish I knew exactly how many eggs he ate haha:

IMG_6840.jpg

And the sad aftermath:

IMG_6837.jpg

Hopefully they will get into a routine soon and there will be something to show for it!

wow he's small but full, that onyx female is amazing, she's wild caught but beautiful.. keep up the hard work and it will payoff soon...

Beautiful! In all the years I have been in this hobby I have had so many spawning clowns and never thought of trying to raise them, all these threads lately have me seriously interested.

...i always wanted to fly out to cali to pick up a pair of clowns

lol

fantastic thread and keep up the hard work

Haha well you will have to fly out to pick up a pair of their babies!!! Haha plus its Cali so you know its a good time :D

wow he's small but full, that onyx female is amazing, she's wild caught but beautiful.. keep up the hard work and it will payoff soon...

Yea I'm just really excited that they laid! It's a step in the right direction! :D

Haha well you will have to fly out to pick up a pair of their babies!!! Haha plus its Cali so you know its a good time :D

Yea I'm just really excited that they laid! It's a step in the right direction! :D

awsome, cant wait to see what they produce, got an adult female platnium coming friday morning, cant wait to pair her up and see what i get from a platnium female and black ice male... whoop whoop lol

altolamprologus
awsome, cant wait to see what they produce, got an adult female platnium coming friday morning, cant wait to pair her up and see what i get from a platnium female and black ice male... whoop whoop lol

Now that sounds like an awesome combo!

Well hopefully pops doesn't get too hungry, id really like a pair. This would also give me an excuse to visit all the west coast stores, bring back more than just fishies.

Well hopefully pops doesn't get too hungry, id really like a pair. This would also give me an excuse to visit all the west coast stores, bring back more than just fishies.

Ya there is definitely a lot to see (and buy) here :D

Wow, his belly sure is full. I'm sure he will get the hang of things soon lol. Good luck.

I know I was a little worried for his health. He still hasn't eaten anything since eat ate all the eggs. His belly finally looks normal today. Hopefully the little piggy learned how uncomfortable is feels to eat eggs and wont want to again :D

Archived