Pod Your Reef

eksblenny ADA 30g, Ecotech Radion LED

eksblenny

Is it pink in person or is that just your camera or something?

In white light, the eel is a pale yellow/white. I would call him a very very pale yellow except for his head which is yellower. The best morphs are really yellow but I have never seen one in person.

In my lighting, the red LEDs really bring out yellow colors and makes all my yellow fish, including the eel, look more pink and orange.

Took this photo yesterday. Not a very good or clear pic, but I thought it was pretty cool! It is quite obvious that I pump up the blue and actinics very high with this Radion lighting.

IMG_5718.jpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
buddythelion

Did the meat coral come from online or was it local? I've never seen one as nice as that!

It appears to be a gorgeous scolly! what sort of mesh is that on your lid Mr Blenny??????

This tank is almost to much!.

Did the meat coral come from online or was it local? I've never seen one as nice as that!

I actually got both current scolys locally at Neptune Aquatics!

WHAT is that rainbow coral in the lower left side?

It is a bleached scoly. The colors are slowly returning. It tis taking some time for that scoly to acclimate to my LED lighting.

It appears to be a gorgeous scolly! what sort of mesh is that on your lid Mr Blenny?

Thanks Jessy! The mesh is your typical garden netting. The frame is just window screen.

buddythelion
IMG_9925.jpg

Think you could email me a high res of this? I'd love it as my desktop wallpaper. It's one of the reasons why I went for the GDM and made me go on a hunt for a nice meat coral.

It is a bleached scoly. The colors are slowly returning. It tis taking some time for that scoly to acclimate to my LED lighting.

Really that is bleached? I can see a pale ring but couldnt tell it was bleached. You're going to need sunglasses when it comes back 100%!!

Thanks Jessy! The mesh is your typical garden netting. The frame is just window screen.

I'm having so much trouble finding that kind of mesh, got an approximate sizing for each hole??

Think you could email me a high res of this?

Sure, pm me your email address and I'll send you the full res file.

A small sunburst anthias. It had its fin nipped when first introduced, but the fin has since repaired itself and the anthias seems to get along well with the other tankmates. Hopefully it doesn't grow too fast!

IMG_5625.jpg

Man, your making me want to start over and do something new. Great stuff!

So how do I get you to switch over to Nano Box? ;)

-Dave

Wow awesome desktop.

So how do I get you to switch over to Nano Box? ;)

Nice, your lights are really slick. I might get one for the frag tank once I set it up again.

buddythelion

Thanks. Your tank is an another inspirational tank for me. My GDM just came in today as well, he's the smallest I've ever seen.

Thanks. Your tank is an another inspirational tank for me. My GDM just came in today as well, he's the smallest I've ever seen.

Photo? Sometimes they take a while to feed but don't worry they eventually will!

buddythelion
Photo? Sometimes they take a while to feed but don't worry they eventually will!

I hope so, I got it from Leslie of Hawaii. He says it's been eating PE Mysis. Do you feed yours with a feeding stick?

Here he/she is:

MorayVsQuarter.jpg

MorayVsQuarter2.jpg

That's a quarter for size comparison. :)

Wow that really is a tiny eel! Lucky find! Great coloration on it too! When it has a browner body like that it often means it has a really interesting speckled design. Mines has a speckled design on the body as well.

I use a feeding stick. They learn to grab food pieces from it easily. Don't worry if it doesn't eat for some days. My first eel didn't eat for almost two weeks! You should start with safer foods like shrimp or fish. My current eel still does not eat squid.

Good luck!!!

buddythelion
Wow that really is a tiny eel! Lucky find! Great coloration on it too! When it has a browner body like that it often means it has a really interesting speckled design. Mines has a speckled design on the body as well.

I use a feeding stick. They learn to grab food pieces from it easily. Don't worry if it doesn't eat for some days. My first eel didn't eat for almost two weeks! You should start with safer foods like shrimp or fish. My current eel still does not eat squid.

Good luck!!!

Thanks, his size is what made me pull the trigger. I'm hoping for nice designs as well, I love his coloration.

I was hoping to try and feed him, but he's nowhere to be found.

Edit: I was feeding the corals in my tank mysis and accidentally knocked a rock down and there he was! He's already chowing on mysis. :)

Is your eel active and about often?

He almost always has his head out somewhere. I would say 95% of the time his head is visible somewhere. Sometimes he'll stay in the back but most of the time he's in the front behind or under various corals. He's very curious. When there is food in the tank he will stretch out half his body like in my photos. At night he swims around the tank. He will definitely eventually explore the lip of your tank which is why you'd need some kind of cover.

Visited a friend of mine in Berkeley. He has a much more established tank than me. Great guy, always willing to lend me a helping hand. Got a chance to snap a photo of his tank.

IMG_59112.jpg

buddythelion
Visited a friend of mine in Berkeley. He has a much more established tank than me. Great guy, always willing to lend me a helping hand. Got a chance to snap a photo of his tank.

IMG_59112.jpg

I spy a trio of clowns and a bellus angel pair. Very nice. I hope that the mystery wrasse plays nicely among his other fairies?

I spy a trio of clowns and a bellus angel pair. Very nice. I hope that the mystery wrasse plays nicely among his other fairies?

Ah good eye! I'm not sure how his fish do. I don't have any experience with wrasses except for the two that I have! They certainly are fun to watch and don't seem territorial when I've been there.

Archived