inTank Media Baskets

reefrooks 60G shallow

reefrook

cool! I'll go pick one up from them today, I haven't heard about them thanks sooo much

np

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after having fish like mandarins, blennies, jawfish, wrasse, etc., i have to admit that my favorite is still clownfish.

so….

43055956.jpg

right away they bring so much more life to the aquarium. after a couple hours they are already running laps around the tank, enjoying the flow from the powerheads. it seems they are loving all the open space.

4ccbbe3e.jpg

i've had true and false percs, onyx and picassos. so i thought it was time for some b&w's

ef33ee2e.jpg

635c140d.jpg

9898c924.jpg

thanks for looking!

Nice tank! I just got a tribal blenny about two weeks ago and I put it into my tank and within an hour he had killed two sps frags. Just a heads up, there is a debate as to whether or not they are reef safe and mine definately is not sps safe. I saw that you plan on sps so just thought I would share!

Nice tank! I just got a tribal blenny about two weeks ago and I put it into my tank and within an hour he had killed two sps frags. Just a heads up, there is a debate as to whether or not they are reef safe and mine definately is not sps safe. I saw that you plan on sps so just thought I would share!

funny you mentioned that. when i picked up the clowns, the lfs owner told me that her tribal blenny went loco on her monti and scoly. it's a shame cause they're such great looking fish. as i start to add corals, i'll make sure to keep a close eye. thanks for the heads up!

Fantastic tank and aquascape. Interesting choice of fish, if I do say so myself.

And by the way, cute dog.

thanks philosopher. and don't let my dog's looks fool you. once you turn your back he's going through the garbage or stealing your food.

• 4 weeks later...
phi delt reefer

With so little rock u may want to consider adding rock to ur sump to increase bio filtration. Nice setup though, sorta wish I went bigger with mine.

Updates!!!

unfortunately, there isn't much to update. all fish are healthy and doing great. still no corals due to all the new furniture we've been buying for the apt. thanks for looking though! hopefully i got more to report later this month.

With so little rock u may want to consider adding rock to ur sump to increase bio filtration. Nice setup though, sorta wish I went bigger with mine.

thanks phi. yea, i got about 40lbs. of live rock in the sump right now. i slowly add a rock here and there whenever i stop at a lfs.

• 1 month later...

i got nothing for you hype :( i haven't added/changed anything since the clowns. hopefully by next month i'll start adding some corals

gotta love those "Moving… so need to sell etc." sales. i picked up a SWC 150 skimmer. it's the older models but for the price, i couldn't pass.

59482afb.jpg

it's rated for up to 185 gallons…so i think it should be more than enough for my system ;)

still finely tuning it but it's already pulled out some dark colored water.

i also picked up a powder brown. he's about 2.5in. although my tank is only 60 gal, it's dimensions give the guy 4ft of lateral swimming space. he seems to be enjoying it.

f1726eae.jpg

Thats awesome rook....hes a beautiful specimen.

thanks hype. i never really noticed how beautiful it was till i saw it at the lfs. it's really an under appreciated fish, imo.

• 4 weeks later...

just one update i'm happy about. i picked up a rbta for cheap from a local reefer. the clowns took to it within a couple days. it also added some much needed color to my coral deprived tank.

3aa1a004.jpg

now with the bad news…

199dfd31.jpg

nothing vigorous water changes can't fix

08de8ac8.jpg

yep…….. ich. i decided with the copper treatment as opposed to hyposalinity.

and notice the missing tang. :( he was the only one that showed signs and symptoms but i figured i'd treat all the fish just to be safe.

e34fb4c7.jpg

looks like it's going fallow for 8 weeks or so. hopefully that'll be enough rid the tank of the parasite.

Hi reefrook, I have this problem too and lost my frags and zooantids.....very bad news....

After looking in other forums...I found some guys that use vodka to eliminate algee.....

And works very fine to me!!!! It´s awesome -----

The dosis its a 0.1ML by galon.....

I hope you have a good look with your problem....

Regards-.--

• 3 weeks later...
Hi reefrook, I have this problem too and lost my frags and zooantids.....very bad news....

After looking in other forums...I found some guys that use vodka to eliminate algee.....

And works very fine to me!!!! It´s awesome -----

The dosis its a 0.1ML by galon.....

I hope you have a good look with your problem....

Regards-.--

vodka dosing would probably eliminate my algae problem but i go out of town a lot and would not be able to keep up with the daily regimen. after a couple weeks of water changes and some new bulbs, i think i've got the cyano under control. thanks for the advice though!

love your setup! you have really cool fish! definitely subscribing!

thanks kathleen!

yea…sucks to lose a fish but always gratifying when you beat an algae outbreak. thanks for checking in hype.

i should have some updates this weekend after reef-a-palooza. i put aside some loots for it… pretty excited to finally get some coral :D

Archived