ReefCleaners.org

My Fluval Edge PICO Aquarium 2 Years!

dstruong

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i would be too, that a nice ric, did you buy it that size? how's your livestock doing under the 80w?

yup, there were huge when i bought it. Got a real good deal for it. Everything is doing great! my nitrates stay under around 5-10 with weekly 40% water changes

I am glad to see at least some people were successful i just purchased my fluval yesterday and added the mr 16 and felt that the light was not ambient enough and just lit the center up.

I've noticed that with the edge, the scape really makes a difference in how the light spread appears. I would go for a lower, more centered scape. Also, you may want to think about modding the lid, the farther up you put the lights, the better the spread it seems. Blue LED strips or Coralife 50/50s really help with the lighting as well.

I've noticed that with the edge, the scape really makes a difference in how the light spread appears. I would go for a lower, more centered scape. Also, you may want to think about modding the lid, the farther up you put the lights, the better the spread it seems. Blue LED strips or Coralife 50/50s really help with the lighting as well.

your right! those are the reasons why I made a new hood =)

are there a lot of evaporation for this tank?

yup, about a 3/4 inches per 9 hour light cycle

How do you power on the 50/50?

with a regular 125v power cord i think. each light has a built in ballast.

Very nice. Kudos!

I' m hoping evaporation will be less with my led build " crosses fingers"

Cheers

most of my evaporation came from the fan. with leds, it might move 1/8 inch a day at most.

Hi

I have just ordred my edge and all the equipment that ill need to set it up.

Was just wondering if its possible to use the 20w 50/50 with the stock hood?

If so how many would fit in there?

yup, about a 3/4 inches per 9 hour light cycle

with a regular 125v power cord i think. each light has a built in ballast.

where did you get the built in ballast? can't find one anywhere

• 3 weeks later...

its been a while since I have updated!

So the tank is 9-10 months old! All my fishy's are doing well! I had to sell a few pieces of coral since i have experiences a lot of growth! Paramaters are perfect. Nitrates stay between 0-10 with weekly 2 gallon water changes. Algae has not been a problem with my bioload! Polyfilter has done miracles with the nirates! I'll try to get pictures soon!

Wow.

You've inspired me to build a similar tank. Watched all your YT vids and read this thread from the beginning. Great stuff!

One question though, do you use a water heater? I suppose you don't need one with all those lights and powerheads.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man,

Don't mean to bring this back from the dead but I've got a question for ya.

I'm setting one of these up with the GF, just about to make a new hood.

Have you have any issues with the 1/8" plexi?

It seems pretty flimsy and I'm just afraid that the head from the bulbs might cause it to warp or sag.

Lete me know,

adam

1/8 inch should be fine.

Hey man,

Don't mean to bring this back from the dead but I've got a question for ya.

I'm setting one of these up with the GF, just about to make a new hood.

Have you have any issues with the 1/8" plexi?

It seems pretty flimsy and I'm just afraid that the head from the bulbs might cause it to warp or sag.

Lete me know,

adam

Wow.

You've inspired me to build a similar tank. Watched all your YT vids and read this thread from the beginning. Great stuff!

One question though, do you use a water heater? I suppose you don't need one with all those lights and powerheads.

i do use a heater since i live in Minneapolis. The fan actually cools the water more than the lights heat it up.

Archived