Cultivated Reef

Bamato's Luring BC14

Bamato

• 1 month later...

Well there have been some changes to the cube. I've moved some of my LPS to my 70g (the tubastrea wasn't getting enough to eat in the bc, and the frogspawn was getting too big.).

I also gave my firefish and clown to my rents so I could make room for a new addition. Let me know what you guys think :)

BC14Update001.jpg

BC14Update002.jpg

BC14Update003.jpg

BC14Update004.jpg

Clam is fully recovered :)

BC14Update008.jpg

Purple flowering Pavonna

BC14Update009.jpg

Acropora Sarmentosa

BC14Update010.jpg

BC14Update011.jpg

BC14Update012.jpg

Can you spot the new addition?

BC14Update013.jpg

Need help?

BC14Update014.jpg

BC14Update006.jpg

BC14Update005.jpg

I wasn't planning on making my cube into an angler tank, but the my LFS guy had a REALLY enticing proposition to get me to take him home... so home he went :) Hopefully with all the coralline in the tank, the red spots he has will richen up a bit :)

QuickSilver525

cool new addition ive always wanted an angler but i want my tank to be like a reef tank kinda look. hows is he reacting with the coral and stuff? knocking any over? breaking any? over all you have an awesome tank my friend, keep the pics coming :)

Most of my frags are glued down. I am concerned about him sitting on my LPS for long periods of time, so most of them are going to be moved to the 70g when I get the time. This tank is going to be SPS dominated, so there is less chance of tissue damage from his fat bum. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some unfortunate news :( The warty didn't last more than a few days in the tank. He ate alright on Sunday after I got him, then two days later when I went to feed him he was gone. :( He must have just died, as there was no decay yet, and he still had all his color. My nassarius had gotten the scent already though, and had begun to climb on him... It really depressed me. This was one of those fish that was on my list of "really want" but was always so much money. When the oppurtunity came for me to get this guy for 75$ I jumped on it. I was so excited.

I did a battery of water tests, etc. I brought him and a water sample to my LFS where I got him, and they were totally understanding and willing to work with me. Chris gave me credit and even offered to order me another Warty. At the time, I wasn't really excited about getting another one, and I knew I wouldn't get one for the price I got the first one.

Chris emailed me Tuesday night that he had a really nice red wartskin in stock and I should come take a look at it.

AquariumMisc016.jpg

So here he sits in his new home. It's a poor picture, but I was tired when I took it, I'll get more pics. I paid full price for him, but with my credit, and a little discount from Chris, it wasn't that hard to swallow.

Cute little guy is already eating cut up silversides.

• 3 weeks later...

A few pics of the Pictus. It's not a Maculatas as it had been sold to me, so the LFS guy gave me some money back.

He's turned very light purple, to match the coralline in the tank.

Updates14001.jpg

Updates14003.jpg

Ricordeas are so happy :)

Updates14002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. My phone seems to work better than my camera, but the quality is just not great.

Mine is the same way. For some reason the camera on my Blackberry takes better pictures than my camera does... go figure.

Archived