ReefCleaners.org

TyTy's 20AIO

tyty22

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just save up and get the flame, dwarf angels have really cool swim patterns. Chromis are somewhat bland and boring imo, better in large group in a large reef.

I would like to have some life in the tank as i rarely see the ywg and pistol. Im thinking with other fish in the tank the Ywg will be more protective and watching guard outside his hole.

some pics

100_6037.jpg

100_6045.jpg

100_6051.jpg

100_6055.jpg

i really need a better camera.

Militant Jurist

That's a big monti! I really like your stand... did you make it, or were you able to buy something that looks that good?

No I didn't build the stand, it was in our kitcken but after total remodel we no longer had a place for it. So I desided to use it.

I did build the canopy to match tho

As for the monti I'm hoping that it will get much bigger . I'll post a picture of what it started as. About two 1/2inch levels

Militant Jurist

I thought the canopy looked a bit newer, which is what made me think you had done some woodwork. ;) In any event, it looks good!

Thanks

Monti growth

when i first bought it. Sold to me as pink monti

100_4727.jpg

first signs of growth

DSC00800.jpg

even more

DSC00815.jpg

short period of disease almost destoried it but thanks to some help from some people here on nano-reef i was able to stop the disease with an iodine dip and since it has made a full recovery and has had a tremendous amount of growth.

100_5930.jpg

you can't fully admire the color from the photo. The Monti has brightened from a dull organge/brown to a vibrante Pink

100_6055.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ordered a new bulb 14k aquamax. i will take some comparision pics when it gets here.

Im also taking down my 5.5gallon tank, to combine my two salt water tanks.

But i plan on using the 5.5setup for my tropical fish. But i deffinitely wont use the 70w metal halide haha

Some of the liverocks in the 5.5 have some marco algae i want to get rid of so i will strip them of any coral and scrub them clean and then I think puting them in a bucket without any light for a week or so i might be able to kill off the aglae

Any other suggestions for cleaning up live rocks

• 2 weeks later...

Before-14k ebay

100_6209.jpg

after--14k aquamaxx

100_6214.jpg

its burned in a little more but colors are still great makes the corals really pop

• 6 months later...

been a while nothing but growth, however i lost a torch coral possible not completely it has a tiny bit of life left in it we''l see what happens.

Check out the growth in the pink monti compared to previous pictures its grown A LOT

FTS

0426001843a-1.jpg

new led light for fuge

0501001854a.jpg

0501001859.jpg

0501002253.jpg

its actually a prototype my dad got from a vender at work. He is making them for shop lights but i told my dad to tell him it could also have a shot aquarium industries. its really bright, very little heat and very white light

• 1 year later...

Thanks however, this tank actually is no longer running. Its currently the sump to my 60 cube.

If you look in my 60 cube thread there are pictures of my pink monti which is now huge in comparison to the pictures on this thread. I mean in its current shape and size it would barely fit in a 20long haha. I actually sold and traded frags of it this fall here on nano-reef to a bunch of members and its already grown back quite a bit. I love my pink monti but i just don't know what to do with all of it. I have pieces of it all over the tank!

Archived