inTank Media Baskets

Gauging Interest - RO/DI Unit Group Buy

shiveley

Gauging Interest - RO/DI Unit Group Buy

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in a group by on RO/DI units. I have three vendors in mind, though I will have to wait on some of the particulars until I have a better idea of how many units we would need. The proposed vendors are:

purelyh2o.com

airwaterice.com

spectrapure.com

purelyh20 would offer a unit discount of $20 off each unit.

*There is a 5 unit minimum order.

airwaterice would offer Free Shipping and 15% off for orders totaling between $900 - $1,999.00 or Free Shipping and 20% off for orders totalling $2,000.00 & up

*The minimum order is $900.00

I'm still waiting on spectrapure, and will post an update once I hear back from them.

Also worthy of note: These offers are not restricted to any one particular model, so we would be able to mix and match our order to meet anyone's specific needs. We will , however, need to decide which vendor we would prefer working with, if at all.

Anyway, at this point I just thought I'd throw the idea out there. If you're interested please let me know.

Thanks!

Its about time... I'm tired of hauling 3 gallon boxes of water home from wally world! I'm in! I need something basic with low gpd. I'm looking around the sites now, will update when I make a decision but it looks like both purelyh20 and airwaterice have something that'll fit my needs.

is this for ca reefers only? and is this where u call the place and tell them the name of the group buy, pay them and its shipped to u?

I'm pretty sure im in, I like the free shipping and 15% off. The The V Series 75 GPD RO DI System from purelyh2o.com looks good as well as the mighty mite w/ airwaterice.com. How do the nano maxs from pureh20 compare to the mighty mite and other similar sized units. I have a 15 reef and soon to be 38 reef and something in the smaller GPD and compact category is what I need. Now I just need a ACjr or RK group buy.

The time frame that I'm hoping to do this in would be within the next 2 to 3 weeks. The group buy process, as related to me by the contacted vendors, would necessitate one combined order with one combined payment. I would not limit this to Ca reefers, but would expect each buyer to cover payment for shipping costs related to their purchases.

One last note: I am not doing this for profit or free merchandise. I need an RO/DI unit and this seemed like it might be a more cost effective way to aqcuire one. If in the process I can help other reefers as well, that's a bonus. So basically, what I'm saying is that I will be paying the same costs as you, and any required shipping fees would be limited to the actual costs of postage. No hidden fees, no gimmicks. I'm just trying to get the best deal possible for myself, as well as any others interested.

interested but would like a price range.

I'm looking for a 5 or 6 stage unit with garden hose adaptor and clear refilibale DI chamber.

^^ ditto. Even the most basic setups from one of these sites will be adequate for me. Waiting to hear back from the other site(s).

Wow... they are expensive... 269 is the lowest?

I am interested if they are in the 100 and below range... I just need RO water for my reef, nothing more.

But, yea, I am probably in.

I think I want a

The Nano Max 3 from purely h20.

or

MIGHTY MITE w/ DI from AWI

It's looking like AWI would be our best bet, IF we can meet the minimum purchase requirement. I'd be looking at the TYPHOON III RO/DI unit for myself. so if we can get another 6 of seven people interested as well we just might be able to make it worth while.

AWI RO/DI Unit Group Buy

It looks as though most people would be interested in pursuing units from air, water and ice; so I think that that's the route we'll be going. I'm looking at the TYPHOON III for myself.

Here are the exact specifications of the offer:

AWI.jpg

You can order anything you want from the site, we just need to meet the minimum buy-in requirements. I have also included another group that I participate in toward this buy so I do not foresee a problem making the minimum purchase amount of $900 to earn the 15% discount, but it would be great if we could generate enough interest to be eligible for the 20% discount.

If you are TRULY interested in participating in this group buy, please reply with the item(s) that you are interested in as soon as possible so that I have a better idea of what our ultimate group discount will be.

Thanks!

shiveley

Im interested in a mighty mite, but I dont have paypal. Would you be organizing the buy and then shipping all the units out to people or what?

Yes, as noted in AWI's guidelines, it's one order, one payment, one shipment. So I would facilitate shipment to each individual once the items arrived.

Archived