Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

12 OG Hood

nanojake

I've seen several threads in this forum explaining how to remove hoods from the various models of nanocubes - but I haven't seen anything specific for the 12 OG...

I am finally getting around to installing the lighting upgrade I bought from nanocustoms. I opened the hood to 90 degrees, tried to pull it toward the front of the tank, and it doesn't seem like it wants to come loose. Is this the correct procedure for the OG model, or should I be doing something else?

Thanks.

Jake

keep the hood down and pull forward, applying steady pressure.

Ive also read that lubricating the hinge with soap helps too..

Chris

I thought you had to dremel the hinges on those? Or is that a different type of hood? I need to take mine off and if I don't have to dremel it would be sooooo much better. I bought the 12g non dx with the moonlights (guessing this is the 2005 model)

Nice looking hood - wife is already ####ed at how much I spend on this thing. I just hope I can get to the CC statement before she does : )

I recently bought a 12DF with the intention of practicing all the mods (lighting upgrades, surface skimmer, etc) before buying the new release 24DX. What are the maxed out lighting options for the dual fan version? Does it have the same cooling issues as the OG?

I'm not sure what the "max" is...

I bought the 2.24 upgrade kit from nanocustoms with no additional T5s. Now I wish I'd have gotten them.

Archived