Cultivated Reef

The Hong Kong AA-Aquarium 9ga Import *RARE*!!

jmt

That's right cats and kittens, get your fish Kung-Fu fighting!

Some of you may know, others may not, but I have been waiting for this friggin' tank forever it seems like. I got two, and I decided to sell one to a lucky person! These tanks are very scarce in the U.S. so get yours and be original for once! Up for grabs:

AA-Aquarium (AA400)

-Fish@Hotel.Series

-Curved Corner Glass!

-15.7x9.25x14.8 = 9.3ga

-12v System for people/fish/coral safety!

-8w Flourescent Strip Light

-Tank top integrated filtration for easy and convenient maintenance

-Simply ONE plug for lamps, filtration and aeration

-3 stage filtration, Mechanical, Chemical and Biological

Included Accesories:

-Filter System

-Water Pump

-Plastic Tubing (for Filter)

-Air Pump

-Air Line Tubing

-Air Stone

-Background

-12v Transformer (Wall Wart)

The filter is water tight and filled by the pump. It rests in the hood (which also has an easy access panel). The filter include a bed of filter material, a bag of carbon, and bioballs. It is chambered off (I smell mini chaeto fuge!).

As an added bonus to the buyer, I am throwing in an 80mm fan and a float switch from floatswitches.net! That's almost $25 of FREE stuff! The best part is, the fan and floatswitch will hook right up to the 12v system. No messy DIY!

That's right peoples, you can own this super rare hong kong import tank! It's a freakin' DIY dream! Everything is nice and tight and could be done up so NICE! I haven't set a current price yet, but shoot me an e-mail: jmt1somr@aol.com or hit me with a PM if you want to make an offer. The shipping will be about $20 and it's ready to be loaded on the truck and sent to your house. SAHWEET!

NOTE TO BUYER: This tank is a hard-to-find tank in the US. That means if something goes wrong with the parts, getting replacements would be hard as well. The peices I have inspected are not cheap, but I have not set-up nor run one of these tanks yet. I get my own next week. I wanted to place something rare and original out for the Nano community, thus I listed it for sale on this site. This is a nice set-up, rest assured. The value with comming with this set-up is, in my opinion, better than both the Eclipse and Minibow systems. I say it is comparable to the Via Aqua because a lot of the components are comparable, not to mention a pricey curved edged glass tank. The price is negotiobale. I through out $140 shipped b/c I was getting no feedback. Please direct your offers in PMs and/or e-mails ( jmt1somr@aol.com). Thanks y'all!

-Justin

A Comparable Via Aqua 11ga sells for $140 and a Minibow 7 for $80. This tank, honestly, falls right between the two as to what it's worth by comparison. It has a lot of the hard to find features of the Via Aqua 11ga, yet the craftsman ship of the AGA MB7. The rarity is just an added bonus. The price I started at was a high figure to get the bidding/offers comming in. The middle ground between the Via Aqua and MB7 is $110. The shipping is roughly $20 w/ insurance (it weighs 20lbs!). That hits the total at $130 shipped. The $140 was just to get things going. I am also throwing in a 12v 90mm fan ($16.99 at Radioshack) and a floatswitches.net float switch ($6 + $3 shipping = $9). That is where the *almost* $25 of FREE bonus came from. NOTE that the actualy price would more than likely be closer to $30 when it's all said an done. Even at $140, it's still a value when you consider that it could cost up to $160 w/ everything (including shipping). Please make an offer accordingly. I am not out to "cheat" anybody as someone might have implied, however I can fetch a fair price locally. I have always and will always come to this community first. I have made many friends here and it only seems right.

-Justin

edit: errors

so does it come w/this lighting

-8w Flourescent Strip Light

or this

Check out the light! 15" 32w retro? I think so!

If it's the 32w. shoot me an email w/a link to this post.

Thanks,

Gina

It comes with the 8w Flouro, but my suggestion would be to order the 32w Smartlite Retro-fit. Sorry for the confusion.

-Justin

• 2 weeks later...

Are these decent tanks? My LFS sells them for $33. I thought about getting one but I posted a thead and someone said to pass on them. I got a AGA 2.5 instead. But if they are good, I'll swap my AGA for one.

Archived