SaltCritters.com

NANOCUBE 80w light retro w/ fans

Marcelo31

well this project is finally done. Managed to get everything in there.Theres 2 24w 50/50 stock lights ,1 32w 03 atinic hellolights

retro. I've got a couple of fans that are ducted to draw the air from the clear plastic cover and blow it out. I have got to say that the plastic cover and clear plastic shield can handle the heat.

No warping or melting with a week into finishing it.

looks good i would reccomend IMO to switch one of the 50/50 bulbs to a 10k. only becouse i have heard mixed reviews about the 50/50 bulbs

Awesome job. I am working on a simpler design in my nanocube. I'm adding 2 13W bulbs to the original 24. Theres just enough room on either side of the original for a 13watt bulb. In the future I will probably want to set up something like what you've done. Thanks for the pic!

Yeah i might try that. The hellolight 03 atinic doen't look that great, or aleast the way I remember the coralife bulbs looked like.

The 50/50 jbj bulbs look like 6500k wth one side colored blue.

What is the 10,000k.

Just found a new addition to my hood today at wall mart.It's a blue neon 6in strip for my moon lite.

Funny thing happen today when i decided to to finally hook up the fans. The temp fell from 75-76deg . 75 deg. is where the heater comes on, to about 74deg. 50w ebo jager . Is that not enough watts to keep temps up ?

10 k bulbs are a better spectrum for marine fish and corals. 6.5k is good for freshwater plants and the 50/50 part can sometimes be 6500/7500 whcich means white and blue but not the best light color focus for marine aquaria ( look it up )

if you run 10k, actinic03 and 50/50 bulb you are adding a wider variety of lighting spectrum

• 2 weeks later...

lets see a night shot of that 6 in neon strip for moon light.. I saw that at walmart too .. I'd like to see how well it works.. thanks..

Archived