inTank Media Baskets

PC bulb brands

zaraleo

I've got another question for anybody who know the answer. I was wondering is there is any signifigant quality difference between different brands of PC light bulbs? I purchased my PC bulbs from ahsupply. Do you you guys prefer any particular brand and why?

I just got my new 55 watt bulbs from www.hellolights.com. I really recommend them because they sell a true actinic, as opposed to the blue most brands sell. I put in the actinic and the color looks way better than the Hamilton blue bulb I had in there. I'm waiting on putting in the 10,000 K I got, to avoid shocking the corals, but I expect it to look good.

Christopher Marks

Coralife powercompact bulbs are very high quality. They make the bulbs that hello lights sells. They have a very good coloring, and are built well.

Guest LudavicoTechnique

Any bulb that your retailer sells is ok, but Coralife are the most reputable (and the most expensive, naturally).

I have used JBJ, coralife, and AHsupply and prefer AHsupply...great customer service, prices and policies...oh yeah, great bulbs too.

Originally posted by LudavicoTechnique

Any bulb that your retailer sells is ok, but Coralife are the most reputable (and the most expensive, naturally).

lol there the cheapest where i live is 39 bucks CDN each cheap? that works to be about 25 bucks USD

I know hellolights is good because they have real actinic 03. Custom Sea Life is good to they also have real actinic bulbs. Other than that I don't know much about quality.

Guest LudavicoTechnique
Originally posted by jay2k2

lol there the cheapest where i live is 39 bucks CDN each cheap? that works to be about 25 bucks USD

What part of Canada do you live in?

wow, that is quite a difference- thanks for those shots. The only experience I have with PC bulbs are the ones through hellolights. I have 1 10000K & 1 actinic 03. They look great, no complaints.

Archived