Innovative Marine Aquariums

Post Pix of your Algae filled Nano(s) Thread...

skeletor

I'll start with some pics of my ghetto 20... I'm growing lots of GHA as well as these clumps of red algae. the stuff on the glass and returns is mostly macro algae..

This is before 2 hours of hair cutting:

fulltank102303.jpg

and after:

fulltank102403.jpg

-skeletor-

My god skeletor! Your not kiding about your algae reef. The second pic is sure looking alot better than the first.

Your tank is going to look pretty awsome once you get a handle on that damn algae.

Look at all those beautiful clams:) and nice orange caps too.

yeah surfy, your tanks put my algae farm to shame...

thanks for the acro frags, they are looking very happy with great polyp extension. I glued them all on to one rock and it's 10" from the MH bulb. (the tips are starting to go a fluro green color :-)

anyway, over 100 views and only 4 algae farms ? don't be ashamed of your algae growing skills, post some pics here folks..

-skeletor-

LOL, cool good to hear they made it. Like I said they are supossed to be tri color so maybe in a month or two you will have some nice pieces going.

Your frags are doing great too, I switched one 10k to a pure 03 so now everything looks awsome.

Yeah lets see some more before and after pics of algae blooms in your tanks.

yeah thanks Nish.... I'm fighting a losing battle at the moment.

my water is RO/DI made here with a 5 stage 100gpd RO/DI unit... phosphates and nitrates are 0...

I'm cutting back on feeding and trying to pull the stuff every couple of days, the tuxedo urchins do a geat job but they haven't really made a dent in it yet...

-skeletor-

• 2 weeks later...

here it is a few weeks later picture taken sat or sun nite.......slowly clearing up. Cyano is almost gone and there's just a few clumps of hair here and there.

algae2.jpg

Gotta work on the white balance on my photos......it isn't nearly that blue in real life

just in time for christmas, it's red and green algae. Get some now for the holiday season, think of how nice it looks to decorate your tank in red and green. ok, maybe not..

topdown_red_green_algae.JPG

is there no way to get rid of this stuff without a tang ?

-skeletor-

Archived