ReefCleaners.org

WTF my BTA is shrinking!

TCI-nano-reef

TCI-nano-reef

I have had the BTA in the tank for about three weeks. It finally settled down to a spot and the false perk hosted! This is good! Then the btas tentacles started shriveling up and he got this mucas all around him! He is being fed krill, and the water conditions are great! I have a 10g with a hob and JBJ 55w 10,000 K x2 combo with blue antinic. 16lbs LR and 15-20 lbs Live crushed coral, buttons, aptasia, glove zenia, green and yellow zoos, false perc, skunk shrimp, lawnmower blenny, and the bta! I think hes dying, but i wanted a second opinion! Any ideas, or should i toss him!:*(

Not sure if this pertains to your BTA but I had a bubble anenome and shortly after adding it to my reef, it settled down and a white spider web like- mucussy like stuff started forming around it. Talked to my lfs and it was dead. big hassle getting it out, without helping a huge amonia spike. Hope this helped. :|

Originally posted by brahm

?? My anenmonia realase nastly mucus stuff, that's when it poops? You sure it wasn't taking a crap?

that is one hell of a quote brahm. I'll be adding that to my sig line.

Originally posted by Crakeur

that is one hell of a quote brahm.  I'll be adding that to my sig line.

LOL---you really got me going on this one. You crak me up Crakeur. I can't stop!!!

Originally posted by brahm

Man everytime I read that post I find more spelling errors. It pains me. I went from clever to cluts in 0.9 seconds

and yet......

CalciumOverdose

What type of "BUBBLE TIP ANEMONE" is it..

many anemone's doesnt do well in captivity, although a big percentage is not our fault.

it is hard for us to prevent it.

many times, the supplier ships them in too much water.

which they are supposed to be shipped almost dry..

YUP YOU READ THAT RIGHT..

almost dry, just a little bit of water to keep it moist

also one reason why many hobbyist thinks that anemone's doesnt ship well, they die because they have water in the bag :)

when anemones are shipped with water, they inflate in deflate in the bag, when that happens, it pollutes the water very quickly, and cause serious damage and stress.

dont worry, they can stay out of water for a few days..

and many times, fish stores doesnt acclimate them right. so a few weeks after you purchase them, they die. gets sick, etc

Us hobbyist can also cause the stress by not properly acclimating them.

but, then again, most anemones do act weird at times, so it could be a normal thing..

good luck..

Archived