ReefCleaners.org

20g reef all-new pics

cal3v

Hi all, since the other thread is pretty big, I thought I'd start a new post so you wouldn't have to go searching the whole thing for newer pics. Here are some pics as of today. Green/pink hammer and green/pink tipped frogspawn:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full tank pic. As you can see I moved the orange tonga leather into another tank and put in a nice fiji leather, its not fully extended as you can see since it was just in there yesterday.

Wow, thats a great tank.

Does the tuxedo urchin cause any trouble? I thought they eat corralline algae, but you have tons of it. How long have you had him?

I have had him for a few months. He eats coraline but by doing so puts flakes into the water which spread around ther spores so the coraline spreads more. The only problem with the urchin I have is that he carries frags around the tank.

Thanks for the compliment dickwayne. I try to keep smaller pieces in my tank so that the scale is better instead of having large corals that look crammed in there. Also I am getting a few more sps, but not as many as I had packed in there before. I'm focusing more on zoos and ricordia and mushrooms to fill in the rest of the tank.

Nice setup.

Does the urchin bother your SPS (i.e. take nibbles or bites off the coral tissue and skeleton) while it roams the tank at night for food?

I've had my green tip acro for over 2 months and just last week, I noticed one small branch with parts of the skeleton (and tissue) nibbled away. It's not bleaching and it's not RTN. In fact, the remaining polyps still opened during the day and tips were still green.

Fortunately, the branch is now recovering :)

I suspect that it's the black long spined sea urchin. Or, could it be one of the resident crabs in my tank?

Cal, any thoughts on this? Thanks, Dan.

Hi Dan, the tuxedo never nibbles on anything. I also don't think its your long spined urchin. Try to see if you can find a hitchhiker crab in your tank that is small and brown and furry with blue eyes. I had one come in on one of my acro colonies before thinking he would be benign but he started taking pieces and tips off of my acros. I finally caught him in the night and got rid of him.

Anybody know how to make a site with nano-reef? I couldn't find a tool bar or anything. I have another site in the process of creation but there isn't much space on it. Here it is so far for all wondering. Only the main tank part is working so far and the front page as well.

Archived