inTank Media Baskets

The Hood Files

Crimper

Yo, Check it out people.

I started making my hood today, Most of it was made with Partical Ply board with Birch finish.

here are some pics I though you guys would like to see.

Got the lumber....Laying it out....Like my work bench??? Good old frosty has been an awesome work bench over the years.

Well thats all for today, I will be doing the trim work tomorrow, and probably stain it tomorrow as well...I will have more pics tomorrow.

SeaMountain

Crimper... I've just done the same thing... Last night - after a ROUGH weekend ;) - I installed my PSL 2x36watters 10K & Blue.

Placing it on my 10g and turning it on initially, I needed to shield my eyes! I'm hoping the water and LR additions will tone this thing down some.

Within 5 minutes I had a call from the local airport the lights beaming out of my second story windows were confusing some of the airline pilots coming to town. After donning a radiation suit I got close enough to shut her down... B)

Either painting the back blue or adding a background sheet should help. I'm also considering adding another board to seal off the back. Currently it's open. Then I most likely will need a fan too.

I placed a dark towel over the back to see what it would do and it began to heat up inside the tank after 15-20 minutes.

Yours look almost exactly like mine. Nice job. B)

Originally posted by Crimper

I started making my hood today, Most of it was made with Partical Ply board with Birch finish.  

All I can say is:

salt creep swell......

Pick up Sherwinwilliams SPAR sealer. Use Lots of it.

Hope it doesn't warp. :(

Looks nice though.

B)

ya for sure I will have to just coat that thing like mad.

well the trim is now done!

all thats left is the stain, and varnish.

here are the most recent pics

actually believe it or not I made the whole thing out of scarp left overs from my Cichlid tank.

so i actually ran out of that trim

Archived