Innovative Marine Aquariums

6 foot long wormm found in tank

TiGs

I was over at saltwaterfish.com forum and came across this post about a 6 foot long worm living in someones reef tank piping.

More pics at saltwaterfish> reef> Hey Steveweast...here's his worm!!!!!!!!

i'm freaked just looking at the pics

Originally posted by Crakeur

yikes.  that's like hearing those stories of people getting tapeworms after eating sushi. No I  am afraid to go near my tank.

Cripes. People get tapeworms from sushi? I've been buying sushi at Meijer for months now...:x

Theres a picture of a nasty looking worm in Borneman's Aquarium corals book. Its a 5 foot long segmented worm... the caption said it was found in a huge german reef tank feeding on soft corals. Damn thing gave me nightmares....................:*(

looks like a Palola Worm-central pacific polychaete species-Palola siciliensis-should be italicized. really i'm just a name dropper and read about this in modern-nilsen and fossa's book:happy: gross though, supposedly they'll get up to 3 metres in the wild-no thank you:x

tg

sadly I have discovered one that looks a lot like this one but he's green. I caught it grazing on my leather corals and as of yet have not been able to catch him. I think I have narrowed down the rock he's in - looked to be about 8-10 inches green centipede looking thing.

Archived