Coral Vue Hydros

Evaporation Makeup Float Switches.....

Physh1

I figured I would start a new thread on these since a lot of people are asking me if I still make them.

I still do make these in both the standard and hang on models and you can see them by clicking my banner below or here http://www.CaliforniaReefs.com/forsale.htm

I'm not a business....just a do-it-yourselfer who need to keep his hobby obsession going:P.

Please email me any questions you may have or if you'd like one.

Thanks, Cameron

So is the plumbing to get the water back into the tank included or can i get it from you? How about a dual float switch holder? (float switch holder on one side and that return J-tube right next to it) How about a complete kit with the pump? would you recommend the aqua-globe pumps that Glazer is using or a Maxi Jet instead?

I do have lots of everything BUT the elbow.....I could get them though....they have proven hard to get reliably.

I have MaxiJet1200's in, hose I have, I could supply containers, and of course the switches.

I'd had to work a price depending on how much hose and what size container you'd want but I can do 90% of it at least.

The switches are $23.00 plus $3.85 by the way.

Cameron

Cameron, I would be interested in a complete set-up as well, plumbing included. If you could price out the entire deal that would be great. This way I won't have to start sweating out the summer months now.

Okay now I have another question Cameron. I've been thinking about possible cons to having a float switch inside the tank and i was thinking about snails getting on the switch. Then today i read that someone had this happen and it flooded around his tank. Is there anything I can do to make this Snail Proof? Maybe drop it into a PVC with caps on it drilled with holes so the water level in the pipe is the same as the tank?

Let me know what you think or if this prototype's in the works.

Thanks for your help,

Ben

Ok guys....here it is. I've got a few number together.

A 99% complete system will consist of this:

1 - either HO or STD switch...

1 - MaxiJet 1200 (that is what I have handy.....I can get smaller ones but I'd have to order it....this works well for 99% of the setups

5 - ft of hose (this fits the MJ1200 and Rios')

1 - 3 gallon container......you can specify a bigger volume up to 5 gallons for a little more

The total for the items listed above ~$58 plus shipping....probably around $7-$8 via USPS.

Like I said I can get larger containers and more hose if you'd like.....just a little more cash. You will need to find a way to secure the fill hose to the sump or tank (wherever your filling back up) because there are WAY to many options for me to standardize a fitting......I can create a generic PVC elbow that would work but may need adjustment to fit each application.

Snail wise I've got a shield I'm happy with and will be offering it soon.....school's been busy so I've been a bit ties up BUT one is almost ready to start shipping out. I have also made the bends a little differently to space the switch out further.....it's a little tricky to make the bends fit every tank AND keep critters off but I think I've got it.

If you guys have any questions please let me know......if this sounds good to you guys I'll figure an exact shipping charge and see what we can do.

Cameron

Sounds great Cameron. Happen to know what the max head is on the maxijet 1200? Judging by the fact that you include 5 feet of tubing, I'm guessing about 5 feet? Anyhow, I'll probably be ordering one as soon as I find a place to put the bucket! Speaking of which, what diameter is the 3 gallon bucket? Thanks a ton!

Spudds.

The MJ1200 should go 6 foot or so safely. The container I'm using now is 3.46 gallon with dimensions of 10x8x10 (L x W x H).

I should have my shield supplies early next week so I should be able to start shipping switched with shields pretty fast.

Cameron

I want the whole package!!!!!!!!!! So is the dual sticky holder thing going to be part of the package???? ( the return elbow w/ the switch next to it)

Can we call it the LakerFan Package since I requested it first :D

The sticky holder is in it but the return elbow is something that I can't get any cheaper than stores can. Also, I've seen that they won't work on every tank. You'd probably be better off getting them yourself. I'll check a few more places and see if I can come up with anywhere to get them at a reasonable price.

Cameron

if anyone wants to save money and make their own. follow this link. they have lots of float switches on ebay for cheap. $1 a pc..

if you need a diagram of the circuit just ask me. the more complicated you get with the design, the more i'll like it.

Ok guys.....the kits are ready. They will include the following items:

- Float Switch with Snail Guard

- 3 gallon container.....larger available

- 5 feet of hose

- MaxiJet 1200 pump

Everything is $58.00 plus $10 in USPS shipping. I boxed up a kit and had my post office weight it to see what it would cost.

I have some of these kits ready and I've pm'd you guys who were interested.

Cameron

DJM, I asked this question earlier in the post, response is:

"The container I'm using now is 3.46 gallon with dimensions of 10x8x10 (L x W x H)."

Hope that helps.

Spudds.

Archived