ReefCleaners.org

Pom Pom Crab question..

coralcrazy

I am looking to putting a pom pom crab in my 2.5 does that pose a problem in a 2.5? I heard that they sometimes drop there pom poms when the molt or even when they split? Any suggestions guys?..I do have coral in my tank..Is it a good idea, can i put two in?

I have never witnessed my crabs harming corals. They always pick up their anemones after they drop them for molting, the anemones they have cannot survive without them :)

My pommy is in a 5g tank and hasn't bothered anything. He did very recently drop his anemone, though; I haven't seen it, so it's probably a goner, if he dropped it in a cave. He only had one claw when I got him, hence only one pom-pom. A month or so ago he molted and I kept waiting to see if he split the anemone or something; but now he has none....:(

oh no...sorry to hear about your pom pom...i can't wait to get one of these little guys...they seem so cute with there little anemone...imagine just them shaking there pom poms at you...just cute..

They tend to lose their anemones in captivity. Not a big deal, though it is what makes them POMPOM crabs, heh. But they're fine without them, and sometimes find a substitute.

Archived