Top Shelf Aquatics

my tank...hope it works

The Unit

hey it worked.....it is a pic of my 15 high nano/refuge...which is hooked up to my 55 preditor tank....nano is lit by 4 15 w NO's....i will post more info and pics later.......hope u like

• 2 years later...
siren's eye

The tanks look great! I was wanting to connect a 5 gal to my 10 gallon. Can you explain how you connected the 2 tanks a little better? I was thinking of just running 2 PHs of the same rate between them. Would that work?

not trying to flame you, but here it goes. your coney needs alot more light tho it does look healthy right now, and your plumbing isnt gonna work if the power goes out, when it came back on your siphon will have gone and the tank with the PH going in it willdrain till the Ph sucks air and the other will over flow. Also if I were you I wouldnt plumb the two togeather due to the fact aht the eel is a messy eater and willcontaminate the water to a point where he wont care but the reef will suffer. my 2 cents but it all does look nice.

11-28-2002

These tanks are no longer running. Siren's eye, dont try to run 2 powerheads, they wont run equal. How i did it was to run one ph in one tank and use the siphon to connect. Aslong as the two tanks will have the same hater height then the siphon will use gravity to level the two tanks when the pump is running. Make sure that the siphon is a larger diameter than the pumps..That way what ever the pump rate is the siphon can match it.

phergus_25, The condy is one of the easiest to take care of. I had it under 40w on NO for 2 years. I then gave it to my buddy as i went off to college and couldnt tank care of that tank. It is still alive (3-4 years now) under 32w PC. It is a monster and my buddy dosent know what to do with it. As far as the siphon, aslong as the tubes for the siphon are no where near the surface there is now way for the siphon to break (ie power goes out) I did many tests when ther tank was running. The tubes went about 3 inches under the tank surface. Oh and the reason they were connected in the 15H was a refuge for macro to grow to clean the 55 agressive.

Archived