Coral Vue Hydros

Socalcreations.com for custom acrylic work!

Tigahboy

The guys at socalcreations.com do an OUTSTANDING job on custom acrylic tanks, sumps, stands, furniture, you name it!

I first bought my 67g custom acrylic tank from them. I was so impressed by their work that I had them make my stand and my sump/fuge tank. So basically they made my entire 67g upgrade system.

They have very reasonable prices as well. If you are in socal, definitely check them out. They even delivered my stand to my door for a minimal fee.

Here's some pics of their work...

The tank

67mh0309b.jpg

The Stand

0225a.jpg

0225b.jpg

0225c.jpg

They even made my stockman standpipe...

0225e.jpg

The TB Sump/Fuge

tbsump1.jpg

tbsump3.jpg

tbsump6.jpg

umm... gonna order a 50x21x18. Im gonna ask steve if I can bump up the width maybe to 23 or 24. Gonna have blue backgroun d and blue acrylic floor. I might go barebottom. Not really sure yet. Im still in the decision phase right now.

I saw that you had a phone jack on the wall behind your stand. I'd love to see you hook your system up to a modem so that it can send you water parameters and alerts remotely. And why not? You've done darn near everything else! (I guess that's just the computer geek in me.)

It really looks fantastic. How'd you come up with sump design?

Originally posted by selch

I saw that you had a phone jack on the wall behind your stand. I'd love to see you hook your system up to a modem so that it can send you water parameters and alerts remotely. And why not? You've done darn near everything else! (I guess that's just the computer geek in me.)

It really looks fantastic. How'd you come up with sump design?

hehe. that would be AWESOME. they have something that does that called the Aquacontroller II and u can hook it up to a laptop or computer. It's freakin $700 tho!

The design took me a few days of thinking and planning, but I was trying to combine the 2 most common versions of sump/fuge set-ups.

They both have 3 chambers but they are plumbed differently. Version 1 looks like this:

skimmer/intake section --> fuge section --> return section.

Version 2:

skimmer/intake -> return section <- fuge/intake section.

First is space efficient in terms of plumbing (drain entering at one side), and water flows thru skimmer, then fuge, then return. But the fuge should be slow flow to be effective, while skimmer should have higher flow to churn out more filtered water per hour - version 1 has same gph thru each. So the second version accounts for this, but at the expense of having to split the drain pvc so it enters at 2 opposing ends of the sump/fuge.

Space was also limited in stand for me so I didn't want it to be as long as versions 1 & 2 require. So the design I came up w/ is a balance I think - less length required; slow flow + high flow intakes/chambers; and plumbing split but not by that much since both enters on the left side. Hopefully it works. haha.

Here's how it should flow:

tbsumpflow.jpg

Originally posted by timb000

umm... gonna order a 50x21x18. Im gonna ask steve if I can bump up the width maybe to 23 or 24. Gonna have blue backgroun d and blue acrylic floor. I might go barebottom. Not really sure yet. Im still in the decision phase right now.

That's gonna be a monster tank! I saw a bunch of tanks at socalcreations, so I was just wondering if one of those was yours. but I guess not.

Oh...and this design for sump/fuge allows for lower waterline since the ASM/Euroreef skimmers work more efficiently w/ lower water levels, higher waterline for fuge section to maximize the volume of fuge, and a large return section to allow for water to drop, but not enough to become empty when the pump is on or due to evaporation.

fuge3d2.jpg

and here are the dims:

fuge3d1.jpg

haha dennis I wish one of those was mine. But one more week and I'll put my order in. This thread is turning into your 67 gallon thread continued. Next thing you know this thread is gonna be 50 pages by tomorrow. :P

Archived