Cultivated Reef

hands down BEST skimmer !!!

heypanty

*disclaimer* i do NOT work for Aqua C or anybody who sells their products, not even related to anybody who does ! haha

skimmer: Aqua C Remora

type: hang-on

skim time: 1.5 weeks

results:

exhibit A ( micro bubble froth )

10738CIMG1731.JPG

exhibit B ( skimmate after 1.5 weeks )

10738CIMG1729.JPG

exhibit C ( collection cup after emptying )

10738CIMG1734.JPG

chrissreef, how long has your Aqua C been up? If you got it recently, the microbubbles will eventually go away after it has gone thru break in period.

Undertheradar

LOL, he is 100% noobie. Let me just throw some names out there for 'best', and anything AquaC cant get close. http://english.royal-exclusiv.de >>>Red-Dragon ® Bubble-King ®. Perhaps the MOAS.

MRC

Euroreef

AKS

ASM

Deltec

ETSS

Precision Marine

Barr Aquatic

Tunze

Aquamedic

...need I go on...??? FWIW, remoras are 'alright' in that they are prolly the best HOB skimmer you can get...but I can make one that is half the size that kicks its butt any day. How? Well, lets just say it involves removing the injector, and making the pump a asperating venturi...the skimmer will shoot bubbles out of everywhere then!

10" Red Devil

Undertheradar,

Are any of those you mentioned hang-on models? Where can you buy them with the exception of Euroreef?

Thanks.

ok, so i expected you guys to figure out for yourselves that what i meant was... the Remora is the best "hang-on" skimmer, or at least one of the best. i know that there are countless other skimmers out there that have comparable to even better performance, but the majority of them are huge in-sump units, or just sump units that have been converted, such as the Turboflotor 1000 Multi ( which is my pick BTW ). but those other units are HUGE, i gave the Remora the title of BEST skimmer because its the best at what it is, an effective, compact, hang-on skimmer.

GOSH ! vote for Pedro ! he offers you his protection.

deltec makes the best hob skimmer out there. The top 4 skimmers in my experience would be 1st deltec, 2nd bubble king, 3rd euro reef(best for the money out of the top4), and 4th geo.

Why don't you go eat a decroted piece of crap!

i like my remora skimmers, but I have one issue. The black rubber band broke on both of mine...gets hard and cracks. I now use a bamboo skewer to keep the collection cup in place.

question heypanty: how old is your tank? looks like you got quite a bit of bioload so i guess that skimmate is expected; how high up do you keep the collection cup? is it really far down- wet skimmate, or high up- dry foam.

pretty established tank, and yes quite a bio-load. the collection cup was placed right at the level of the O-ring in the picture, Duh. haha im j/p. its usually placed at about 3/4 up.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by badmatt

i still like my aqua medic :)

its probly hands down better than a euro reef.

Bring it on!!! Show me the pics:P

Archived