Coral Vue Hydros

nanocustoms reef 2005

ccjung

Well after much criticism from my fellow nanocube nuts.. I've decided to start a thread on my Personal Nanocube DX.

This is the booger that started it all, which on a hot summer day got my temps up to 86F (the 2004 DX runs hot..).

I popped some fans in, realized that the wattage could be upped, and the rest is history...

I started Nanocustoms because I'm a DIY'r first... People continued to prod for kits/custom work, and I decided it would be a viable business venture... I live/work next to the major suppliers of components (JBJ, Fulham, Commodity Axis, etc).

Well... Here it is...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mandarin sneaking in for a shot..

No flaming guys.. My personal experience stocking and livestock choices are based on my own experiences and should not and will not be taken as a recommendation..

flow in fuge area.. I have "plugged up the bottom" with a sponge/plastic so that chamber 1 is "sealed". I then cut teeth out of the top to let the flow skim over onto some liverock..

I plan to put chaeto in chamber 1..

Chris

Not only can you assemble a pretty mean Nano-Cube hood... you can populate your cube with some very nice looking corals and critters. What type of clam do you have in there? Also, warn us next time before you open the hood on that thing... you could hurt somebody.

"Pay no attention to the man(darin) behind the curtain..."

Thanks Larn,

You are becoming more and more of a nano nut every day.. The banner is Awesome...

The clam is a crocea i picked up at Aquatic Outlet about 2 months ago after my first major crash (D day.).

The clown and mandarin were at their darkest days after that crash, but somehow managed to pull through...

Nice, how long has this tank been set up? I am not flaming, but what does your Madarin eat? did you get him to take prepaird foods are do you simply have a large population of pods?

The tank is from my original nanocube transplant, total age 5 months..

Mandarin has been with me since after the cycle.. I have lots of live rock approx 20-24lbs, and lots of nooks and crannys, in addition to the liverock rubble in the rear sump area..

I think there is a pod population built up in the tank from so much rock/hiding places..

He picks through the tank throughout the day and will eat frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp.. I got really lucky...

Hey Rabbi.

Thanks..

The first shot and the full tanks are of the 126w PC kit. The shot of the MH is from another tank I have.. I'm still fine tuning that..

Chris

Call me crazy, but the Flouros look brighter and cover more area, but they also have about 56w advantage...

I love that shimmer...

The next step is to transplant it into a 2005 Hood, where it will get a Fuge Light, Moonlight and maybe a Jalli Actinic 24.

It already has a T-5 Actinic..

Archived